One Wagga timers--now all timers!

Started by Dome97, March 14, 2016, 06:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dome97

Howdy. I used the icetv form to submit my problem but no response as yet. Things have escalated since.

I discovered after going to my T3 Files folder that all Ripper St recs were 0mb. Same with Last Man Standing. These were sent from the icetv online guide. So I've missed the entire new series of RS(!) & LMS. These progs were on ONE Wagga Wagga. I noted that on the T3 timers page the progs are showing as waiting but are not shaded red in the onscreen icetv guide.

So I tried directly adding timers for ONE in the onscreen icetv guide & all became shaded red & all were recorded. That's how I sent it to the online form...

All other timers seem ok for other stations & SC10 & ELEVEN (LCNs 5 & 55). However...

While waiting for a response I followed (I thought) protocol & deleted all timers from the T3 timer page. I then went online & resent all timers for T3 & then used icetv plugin to update. No timers for this device! I checked the online page for My Series & all were there. So I went to My Account & resent all again but no joy.

Any ideas out there, please. This is getting tiresome  :( .

Dom. Also have a T2. T2 for abc & sbs & T3 for others.
Cheers, Dom.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Dome97 on March 14, 2016, 06:18:07 PM
I discovered after going to my T3 Files folder that all Ripper St recs were 0mb. Same with Last Man Standing. These were sent from the icetv online guide.

0mb files can't be caused by IceTV.

IceTV just informs the PVR what show to record. If the show is not in the guide on the correct channel the PVR rejects setting the timer and returns an error to IceTV (which we email to the customer). If the show is in the guide on the PVR and the timer get scheduled okay it's then up to the PVR to record that show when the time comes to record it.

Possible causes of 0mb files are: HDD was full, or there was a problem with the TV signal for the ten network's channels that your T3 is receiving, or one of the tuners on the T3 is faulty or not getting a good signal (USB tuner maybe?), or a bug in the T3's software.

Have a look at the following Beyonwiz forum topic. You will need to copy and paste the link because this forum cannot handle a ? in the url.
http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9225

If you view the timer list on the T3 and scroll down the bottom you may still have those old timers there. highlight an old timer and you should see a log in the top-left corner. If there was a problem it may say what the problem was.

You don't have the 10HD yet do you in Wagga?

Quote from: Dome97 on March 14, 2016, 06:18:07 PM
So I've missed the entire new series of RS(!) & LMS.

The T3 has catchup TV for the Ten network. Not the same as watching your own recording but better than missing you shows.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

PS I saw your email when it arrived and checked your triples for One Wagga that your T3 has and they are correct. I just didn't get back to the email to let you know, sorry.

ONE Wagga Wagga ch 50
TSID 0x0806 (2054d)
ONID 0x0320c (12812d)
SID 0x0826 (2086d)

Quote from: Dome97
Timers made directly into onscreen icetv guide work.

I assume you are referring to the T3 guide viewed on your TV screen. The fact that some timers work and others don't suggests that your antenna signal to at least one of the T3's tuners is okay.

I see you are now recording 1 series and single recording from One on your T2. If they work then that confirms that your antenna is okay.

Quote from: Dome97
While waiting for a response I followed (I thought) protocol & deleted all timers from the T3 timer page. I then went online & resent all timers for T3 & then used icetv plugin to update. No timers for this device! I checked the online page for My Series & all were there. So I went to My Account & resent all again but no joy.

Any ideas out there, please.

Whenever you delete timers or series (either from the PVR or website or phone app) you must wait *20 minutes for the server and PVR to get in sync (so they both know the series or timers have been deleted). Once all parties are in sync you can then go ahead and recreate the series or single timers.

*Note: If you have increased the "Connect to IceTV server every x minutes" setting in the IceTV plugin you need to wait that the length of time you set, plus a few minutes, to be sure the PVR has synced with the IceTV server.
Or you can click on "Fetch EPG and update timers now' from the IceTV plugin and then recreate your series and single timers right away.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dome97

It's strange that the timer list in the T3 shows the 'waiting' flag but is not showing shaded red in the onscreen guide. The timer(s) in the list do not remain afterwards. Also very strange that it only affects ONE Wagga. No HD Ten here yet.

As I say, any of these ONE Wagga shows WILL record if entered via the onscreen icetv guide (on both wizs) &  they are soon reflected in the online (Icetv.com) my week column.

Anyway, I have now changed all ONE Wagga series progs to the T2 & we'll see what happens.

Ok for clarity, onscreen does mean on the tv, online is via the icetv website. The timer 'list' does refer to the T3/timer button.

Thanks, Dom.
Cheers, Dom.

Dome97

I've waited for a while to allow my head to clear. Yesterday I tried to set Sons of Anarchy (ONE) as a series on the T3 from icetv.com.au. Today I got a 'No matching service' email. I then switched the timer to the T2 & it appears to be setup ok as per the T2 timer list & T2's onscreen guide. Is there any clue here as to what is going wrong?

There is no suggestion of the T3s hdd being full. It would be fantastically coincidental if the T3 was full or the signal went bad each time a timer was set for ONE, & only ONE  :). Also, that link seems to suggest the problem of 0mb recs occurred in T4s only. As for catchup tv, where I am is 4G only & the data allowance is impossibly low. How I wish I was back in Sydney & on cable  ::).

If you can't think of anything else I'll ask at the wiz forum.

Cheers, Dom.
Cheers, Dom.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Dom,

After I added One Wagga Wagga's id numbers to our system did you run through the IceTV setup wizard in the T3's icetv plugin? You need to do this to get the T3 to download the channel list from your account.

The T4 0MB bug can affect a T3 if it has the USB 4th tuner plugged in.

Of course there can be other causes of 0MB files apart from the T4 bug mentioned on the Beyonwiz forum.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Dome97 on March 14, 2016, 08:27:22 PM
It's strange that the timer list in the T3 shows the 'waiting' flag but is not showing shaded red in the onscreen guide. The timer(s) in the list do not remain afterwards. Also very strange that it only affects ONE Wagga. No HD Ten here yet.

"No matching service" means that the triple that corresponds to the timer's "channel_id" wasn't found in the Beyonwiz's list of scanned services. This could result from the user selecting the wrong region, or from an error in the IceTV LCN->triples mapping, or from outdated information in the Beyonwiz's scan tables.

We know your region in your IceTV account s correct and the triples in the IceTV system match the triples you provided earlier. So that only leaves 2 possible causes that I can think of (as far as service settings on the T3 go)

- Check that the frequency and triple id numbers for One on the T3 are the same as on the T2.
- Make sure your T3 has the latest software.

The "No matching service" message can be returned from a T3 when the real error is that there was a timer conflict. For more information about this see the details in prl's Beyonwiz forum post:
http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=10046

So check that the show(s) you are recording on One aren't causing a timer conflict (though to get a timer conflict you'd need to be trying to record from 4 TV networks - or 5 if the T3 has the USB 4th tuner).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dome97

Hi Dave. I have just gone through the icetv setup routine on T3 to make sure. I've put a little pressure on the T3 tonight with a movie rec from ONE & added a series on ONE from tomorrow. Here's hoping.

The triplets & frequencies are identical. I have learned to check these as sometimes the wizzers collect the freqs from Mt Ulandra & pixellate. Usually Prime only is affected. My Humax always got the good ones! I then scan the specific freq from Coota, clearing the previous freqs in the process. Basically, all my stations are received very nicely.

That last link led me to "The requested topic does not exist." My software is always the latest (not beta). They post, I update!

Cheers, Dom.

OK: result of a icetv plugin update gave me...Well I wish I knew where the log went. Anyway I got a screenshot but the actual results were,

The movie A Few Good Men 'seems' to have setup ok, showing in the T3 timer list & shaded red in the EPG. However a few conflicts appear in the log but then says A few good men updated ok.

The series Planet Earth is showing in the T3 timer list but showing no red shading. The log says planetearth updated ok. Go figure.

Cheers, Dom.