Channel 9 Toowoomba refuses to be recognised

Started by Nodeity, March 12, 2016, 11:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodeity

Quote from: prl on March 14, 2016, 11:13:44 AM
Quote from: Nodeity on March 14, 2016, 10:52:54 AM
Quote from: prl on March 13, 2016, 10:42:46 PM
Actually, it would be useful to have the scan data from Nodeity's T3 (and perhaps T4, if they scan differently) for the picon setup.

Nodeity, would you be able to post them over in the Beyonwiz forum? Instructions are at:
http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9355

You'll have to copy/paste the URL in your browser. The IceTV forum software breaks URLs that contain ampersands.
Does that last post Dave made, have what you're after?  otherwise, where do I get that info from in the box, is it in the etc/enigma2, in which case what files?
My request has nothing directly to do with IceTV. It's about providing Beyonwiz T series picon setup for Toowoomba.
I'm happy to help, but I'm not an expert with the software for these boxes, you need to tell me where to find the info you want? I'm using Filezilla for FTP.

prl

The post from me that you quoted has a link to detailed instructions on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Nodeity

Quote from: prl on March 13, 2016, 10:42:46 PM
Actually, it would be useful to have the scan data from Nodeity's T3 (and perhaps T4, if they scan differently) for the picon setup.

Nodeity, would you be able to post them over in the Beyonwiz forum? Instructions are at:
http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9355

You'll have to copy/paste the URL in your browser. The IceTV forum software breaks URLs that contain ampersands.
XML files sent as requested.  Thanks for the help

prl

Got the files. Thanks Nodeity.

I had a quick look at the two files, for your T3 and T4, and their scan data (which corresponds to the Last Scanned bouquet) is identical.

Which bouquets were you seeing the channel differences between the T3 and T4 in? Doing the rescan won't update your Favourites bouquet. You have to delete any changed old entries from that and add the new ones yourself.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Nodeity

Quote from: prl on March 14, 2016, 05:36:15 PM
Got the files. Thanks Nodeity.

I had a quick look at the two files, for your T3 and T4, and their scan data (which corresponds to the Last Scanned bouquet) is identical.

Which bouquets were you seeing the channel differences between the T3 and T4 in? Doing the rescan won't update your Favourites bouquet. You have to delete any changed old entries from that and add the new ones yourself.
The T3 had been setup Ok before I had the issues with the T4. At the time I was reporting the issue I hadn't set any bouquets yet, as in favourites etc. I was just using the main "All" section, I didn't bother using the providers section.  The info I sent you was after I had set up favourites though, would that be an issue?  I wasn't seeing a difference in channels between the T3 and T4, I was just unable to get channel 9's EPG to come in even though they were watchable.

prl

Setting up favourites doesn't change the data I use for picons. However if you need to scan because of changes in the channel arrangements you'll normally need to fix up any favourites after the scan.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use