Channel 9 Toowoomba refuses to be recognised

Started by Nodeity, March 12, 2016, 11:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodeity

Ok, this is pissing me off, I'm having a bugger of a time getting Channel 9 Toowoomba to work on my T4.
I got it to work briefly after many attempts but soon afterward the machine crashed and refused to restart. Switched it off at the back and waited ten seconds and back on, no response. Had to do a full re-install and when I logged back into Ice, Channel 9 was not there again? My T3 has no such issues at all, what the hell is going on here? If the channels were mapped wrong in Ice the T3 wouldn't be working, same for the settings on the T3 compared to the T4. No matter how many times I try to refresh, no many how many times I rescan the stations, Channel 9 will not work on the T4 for IceTV, the FTA Channels all work fine on both boxes, 9 too. Could this have something to do with the Hard Drive? it's the only variable I have any control over. I can't see how this could be an improper sign in for IceTV when all other stations besides 9 come in fine, that includes the timers and settings. Anyone else from the Toowoomba area having this issue with channel 9?

prl

I am attempting to answer this problem on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Nodeity on March 12, 2016, 11:48:24 AM
If the channels were mapped wrong in Ice the T3 wouldn't be working,
Correct. The fact that 9 HD is okay on your T3 but not on your T4 suggests something different or incorrect with the T4 setup.

Quote from: Nodeity on March 12, 2016, 11:48:24 AM
Had to do a full re-install and when I logged back into Ice, Channel 9 was not there again?
I hadn't rescanned the channels on my T4 up until last night so it was still missing the new channels. Last night I rescanned the channels on this T4 by following our 'how to add a new channel steps' just to double-check the steps didn't need updating. Afterwards I did not have the new channels showing in the guide or in the 'Terrestrial TV LCN' list... but they were in the 'Last Scanned TV' list.

I was surprised that my edited 'Terrestrial TV LCN' list was untouched after clearing the channels and rescanning. To get the new channels to show up in the list and the guide I just edited my 'Terrestrial TV LCN' list to add the new channels in their correct places (with their correct LCNs) then rebooted from the Power menu and everything now was as it should be with all the new channels showing up in the guide.

I have now added a note to our 'how to add a new channel steps' to inform people that if they have previously edited the 'Terrestrial TV LCN' list on their Tx Beyonwiz they will need to edit it again after the rescan to add the new channels.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Nodeity

Dave, what is the frequency number for channel 9 Toowoomba?
I have ABC on 662.5
Ten on 683.5
Seven on 669.5
SBS on 655.5
and currently 9 is on 676.5 is that correct, or do I need to change it to get the stations EPG to work?

thanks, sorry about any confusion

Dave at IceTV

Correct, WIN (9) is on 676.5 for the Toowoomba transmitter. Your other frequencies are also correct for the Toowoomba transmitter so your TV signals is coming from the Toowoomba transmitter.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Can you open the following folder on a networked computer in My Computer, or Computer, or Finder, or All My Files:

\\BEYONWIZT4\Root\etc\enigma2\

Then email support a copy the following 2 files as attachments:

userbouquet.LastScanned.tv
userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv

If your computer does not show the file extension the filenames will appear as just:

userbouquet.LastScanned
userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

PS there's also a Toowoomba East transmitter with the following frequencies:

SBS 613.5 MHz
ABC 620.5 MHz
7 627.5 MHz
WIN 634.5 MHz
Southern Cross 641.5 MHz
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Nodeity

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 12, 2016, 02:46:51 PM
PS there's also a Toowoomba East transmitter with the following frequencies:

SBS 613.5 MHz
ABC 620.5 MHz
7 627.5 MHz
WIN 634.5 MHz
Southern Cross 641.5 MHz
Thanks for that,  just tried the channel 9 freq and it doesn't come up at all. scan finnished nothing new

Nodeity

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 12, 2016, 02:35:23 PM
Can you open the following folder on a networked computer in My Computer, or Computer, or Finder, or All My Files:

\\BEYONWIZT4\Root\etc\enigma2\

Then email support a copy the following 2 files as attachments:

userbouquet.LastScanned.tv
userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv

If your computer does not show the file extension the filenames will appear as just:

userbouquet.LastScanned
userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn
Couldn't see a way to attach files in the support section or any of the others, have attached files here, Thanks

EDIT  found it after all  files sent thanks

prl

Dave, are new TSID:ONID:SID triples needed for Nine/WIN Toowoomba? I've only found ones for 7flix Toowoomba posted.

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on March 12, 2016, 04:21:30 PM
Dave, are new TSID:ONID:SID triples needed for Nine/WIN Toowoomba? I've only found ones for 7flix Toowoomba posted.

They were needed, but I got them from Nodeity's userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv file. Thanks anyway.

Toowoomba should be A Okay now. WIN HD, WIN and Life are in the system now. 7flix was already there.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Nodeity

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 12, 2016, 06:04:44 PM
Quote from: prl on March 12, 2016, 04:21:30 PM

They were needed, but I got them from Nodeity's userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv file. Thanks anyway.

Toowoomba should be A Okay now. WIN HD, WIN and Life are in the system now. 7flix was already there.
Thanks Dave, you're a champion, I was losing hair over this, much appreciated  :)
Just as an aside though, why did the T3 work and the T4 not?  It makes no sense

Dave at IceTV

Maybe the T3 is getting the TV signals from a different transmitter. There is both Toowoomba and Toowoomba East transmitters with good signals for you. Plus Brisbane and Darling Downs transmitters with weaker signals for you.

Does your T4 and T3 both have the same triples for WIN HD?

PS We already had a set of triples for WIN channels for Toowoomba in our system but they were different to the ones in your userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv file.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Nodeity

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 13, 2016, 01:42:20 PM
Maybe the T3 is getting the TV signals from a different transmitter. There is both Toowoomba and Toowoomba East transmitters with good signals for you. Plus Brisbane and Darling Downs transmitters with weaker signals for you.

Does your T4 and T3 both have the same triples for WIN HD?

PS We already had a set of triples for WIN channels for Toowoomba in our system but they were different to the ones in your userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv file.
Yeah, I tried the alternates you gave me and the box didn't find them, but I'm not surprised because the second transmitter is on top of the Picnic Point mountain and the one I use is at Mt Lofty which is on the other side of town, but a clear line to my antenna. Brisbane is on the other side of the mountain, so we don't get a signal from there. Not sure what you mean by triples, but 9's sub-channels are the same on both boxes and both are obviously using the same transmitter.  If the "userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv" are different on the T4, is that going to be a problem if I do a full re-install later?  I really don't understand why they would be different, are they stored in the flash memory or are they on the HDD?  If they are on the HDD, Would I be better off formatting it and starting again?

prl

Quote from: Nodeity on March 13, 2016, 02:12:51 PM
... I really don't understand why they would be different

Hard to say how without knowing what your antenna setup is like, but the sensitivity of the T3 and t4 tuners may be different anyway.

Quote from: Nodeity on March 13, 2016, 02:12:51 PMare they stored in the flash memory or are they on the HDD?  If they are on the HDD, Would I be better off formatting it and starting again?

The scan data is all stored in the firmware flash (in /etc/enigma2). Reformatting the HDD won't affect the scan data. Re-loading the firmware from USB, or less drastically, doing a factory reset,will clear the scan data (and most other settings).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use