Weak or scrambled signal

Started by JLurking, March 08, 2016, 08:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLurking

My Humax 7500 has started saying no signal or weak signal or scrambled signal for all channel 9 channels. SBS channels work but are distorted.
I tried jiggling the cables - HDMI and Antenna. I also tried a manual scan.
I'm having trouble locating the troubleshooting guides for humax with google and I remembered to try this forum which is always helpful.
TIA

Doctor Whatuwant

Channel 9 recently added new channels and moved others. I had to do a general re-scan although if I waited long enough the Humax would have done this itself I think?
One annoying side effect is that now Channel 2 Melbourne is giving weak/no signal. From what I understand if the device picks up more than one version of the same signal it allocates the remainder to the 300 section. Should pick the strongest signal for the primary number but not always so. I'm now watching Channel 2 on 351 or something like that.
So as a first strike you could search for the problem channels in the 300 section. If you find better signals there that may be your problem, i.e. the Humax has allocated signals poorly. I'll probably do another re-scan some time.

Doc.