PIMP series recording guinea pigs wanted!

Started by Marc, December 14, 2006, 02:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

We're now letting everyone beta the series function. If you want to be part of it, then please go to this link to add the secret beta cookie to your browser :P

www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin...s_cookie_1223814

Then log in as normal to icetv.com.au/pimp/

We've also reinstated the Favourites tab.

Shane

Is there anything special I need on the Media Center client side of PIMP? I have 1.0.0.4 installed and I did a test series record of "Two and a Half Men". It shows up in the "Series" section but not in the scheduled section of PIMP Online, and isn't showing on my MCE at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Shane

In the immortal words of Homer - "Doh!"

Who would guess that PIMP actually pays attention to it's own "Rerun" field :)
I've now set to "First Runs & Reruns" and it's working.

Regards,
Shane.
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Marc

Shane

OK, spoke a little too soon. The website is working, but I'm getting the following error in PIMP client on my Media Center PC.

The matching channel was found, but there was no program in the MCE guide at that time.
- - - - - - SchedulerTimerTaskData
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel ID: 4
- - - - - - - Pimp Channel Name: Nine
- - - - - - - Pimp Network Name:
- - - - - - - Start: 20/12/2006 8:30:00 AM (20/12/2006 7:30:00 PM local)
- - - - - - - Duration: 00:30:00
- - - - - - - Recurrence: 0
- - - - - - - Last Error:
- - - - - - - MCE Channel Number: 9
- - - - - - - MCE Channel Name: Nine
- - - - - - - MCE Channel CallSign: Nine
- - - - - - - SE: <SEID SrvID="4" SourceId="0" PrID="0" Start="2006-12-19T13:00:00" Duration="P2919395DT10H59M59.9999999S" ChID="9" />

The Tuesday episode is programming correctly, but the Wednesday one above isn't. I've done a manual guide update and tried again, but the error remains.

Just FYI - the above works fine on my Mac in EyeTV with both Tuesday and Wednesday set to record.

Thanks,
Shane.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Shane,

This appears to have happened because the Wednesday showing was not in the guide in MCE before the PIMPmyMCE client tried to create the timer. In the case of EyeTV this doesn't matter, it will create the timer entry anyway, but for MCE it has to be in the guide as an event first.

When the PIMPmyMCE client updates today are you still getting the same error? and did the timer get created for the Wednesday showing? or is there just an error saying that the setting of the timer failed under the PIMP schedule tab? Also if this is the case, under the series recordings if you cancel the episode and then re-schedule it does it then get created properly in MCE?

We are changing the series daemon to only schedule events up to six days in the future to try and stop this from happening in the future in MCE.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Shane

Thanks Daniel - seems you have the issue nailed. Waited one day and scheduled again and it's worked fine.

I don't understand why it's happened though, as I ran a guide update in MCE before I did it, so it *should* have had the same guide data as PIMP?

Oh well... as long as a workaround happens for it I guess it's fine.

Regards,
Shane.

Marc

Not sure why that didn't work Shane. One of the other guys might be better at answering that. Like you said though, it's sorted now :)

We've just added some more tweaks:

Series recording is live, the new mobile site is live, we have record series pills (shown above), favourites pills, ghosted pills (for when you've cancelled something but PIMP is waiting on a response to cancel from your media center), plus a couple of other small nice additions.

I hope you're all loving PIMP. I'm not really using the EPG on EyeTV any more... PIMP all the way!

parse2

I rebuilt my MCE PC, and reinstalled ICETV & PIMP. Now I have one program ("the Bill") which does not give me the option of recording, only option is to add a favoouite? ??
Any clues?

John

Marc

Sounds like you're not logged in.

Please go to http://www.icetv.com.au/pimp/ and log in at the top of the page.

parse2

I am logged in, as I can see other scheduled programs set up for recording, it is just one I  cannot active recording.

It was set on the MCE PC (using MCE guide), then I deleted itfrom both MCE & PIMP as it was not set in series mode properly, and now I cannot re-schedule it again.

see screen capture

Merry Christmas

Marc

You're right... definitely logged in ok. Sorry about miss diagnosing that!

I've checked your account and everything looks alright.

Is it just one program that's causing issues? If it is, then it might still be waiting to be unscheduled on the server, but your PIMP client has changed so it can't be. Strange one!

Mantorok

Hi, I'm getting a similar problem to parse2.

The first time I schedule a recording for a particular programme it works.  Then if I try subsequent recordings for the same programme they won't schedule.

eg.
On Tuesday I set PIMP to record "Gardening Australia" and MCE recorded it without a problem.  On Wednesday I set PIMP to record "Gardening Australia" again (ie. not a series record).  After the page refreshes I can see the "Q" icon next to the show.  I then click on the "Scheduled" tab and its not there.  MCE doesn't get updated either.  Other shows I haven't previously recorded show in the "Scheduled" tab and get updated on MCE ok.

I noticed in the PIMP Event log there was an error but I don't know if it releated or not:
Description: Cannot create a file when that file already exists

Apart from this little glitch I think PIMP is great.  Keep up the good work guys...

Regards,

parse2

You're right... definitely logged in ok. Sorry about miss diagnosing that!

I've checked your account and everything looks alright.

Is it just one program that's causing issues? If it is, then it might still be waiting to be unscheduled on the server, but your PIMP client has changed so it can't be. Strange one!

still have difficulty recording series, .....  for two previously recorded shows, I now can get the "record series" buttons listed for my troublesome programs,...  however when I attempt to record, I get the error "Error: a series recording for this show already exists."

it does not show in MCE or PIMP as scheduled ... can I get my PIMP database cleared out??

John

parse2

hey, this is kewl feature ... now in the scheduled tab, I have programs listed not to record, and they are just favourites ...  see attachment...