File naming

Started by Carljh, March 05, 2016, 02:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carljh

What would have caused the naming in the Raw files folder in the  Skippa drive on Windows to suddenly change from actually showing the recording's name to showing REC. and then a number?  This makes it difficult to identify without actually going in and playing it.

IanL-S

I am not seeing this under Windows 10 (latest build).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Carljh

This is what I'm getting on Windows 10, previously it showed the actual program name.

IanL-S

I am still getting the correct program names.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

That is how the files are named on the hard drive itself, when seeing the show names you are seeing the details via DLNA which overlays the show name over the filename.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Carljh

Thanks for that, Daniel.  As Ian's are still showing the actual program names as mine used to, is there any way to change the way they display?  As there are no Skippa updates, don't know why the format suddenly changed on my unit.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Carljh on March 06, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
Thanks for that, Daniel.  As Ian's are still showing the actual program names as mine used to, is there any way to change the way they display?  As there are no Skippa updates, don't know why the format suddenly changed on my unit.

Each file has a few extra small data files that contain information like the recorded date, time, show name, synopsys, resume point etc. If these files are missing you would not see the normal program name.

Try moving one recording to a USB stick to see if it moves the small data files as well. If it does it will show as normal when you view the contents of the USB stick with the Skippa.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service