ICE causes rebooting on 7100+ recorders beginning today

Started by mikeathome, March 01, 2016, 01:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

No news on this as far as I am aware. I have been trying to get in contact with Toppro/Topfield Australia for the last week about this issue and the 'disabled' Topfield Australia Forum. They are not responding to emails; have been in phone wait for best part of an hour (assuming I am not cut off or asked to leave a message). Leaving a message is useless as they never call back. I am getting more than a little bit peeved.

Best wises

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

QinQld

Thanks Ian. Appreciate the reply.  I guess it's a wait and see then.

DaveD

My TRF 2400 in the loungeroom reboots itself every Wednesday.
I assume this is when my machine does its weekly update.

So my Wednesday ritual is to remove ABC2 from the IceTV guide download and let the machine reboot.
Once it has processed the EPG data it seems to settle down.
I then add ABC2 back to the IceTV guide and 'force' a reload of JustEPG.
All good...until next Wednesday.

I have removed the newtork 9 and 10 SD channels from the IceTV download and from JustEPG (leaving the HD channels on the guide).
Maybe this will be enough for the download not to cause reboots.
I'll let you know next Wednesday.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Dave,

It sounds like Wednesday's guide contains more data than the other days. As you've disabled the SD channels from network 9 and 10 you may as well disable SBS's SD channel as well.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

DaveD

Hi Dave,

I had disabled SBS SD a while back.
  There used to be a minor difference between the HD and SD channel during the A-League (I think).
  The A-League was on SD and some other non-sport show was on HD.
  Not sure if that is the case anymore, so I disabled SD.

What does the Toppy do regarding guide data?
  Does it first fetch 5 days of guide data once-only (assuming you don't wipe the EPG data with a reset), then re-check daily?

Here is hoping the disabled 9 & 10 SDa channels fixes my issue.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: DaveD on May 08, 2016, 03:01:33 PM
  I had disabled SBS SD a while back.
  There used to be a minor difference between the HD and SD channel during the A-League (I think).
  The A-League was on SD and some other non-sport show was on HD.
  Not sure if that is the case anymore, so I disabled SD.

I remember that, from last year. I was surprised that SBS decided to slightly change their program lineup for an international soccer series and not stick to simulcasting SBS and SBS HD. They may do it again for the World Cup (if they have the telecast rights next time it's on).

What does the Toppy do regarding guide data?
  Does it first fetch 5 days of guide data once-only (assuming you don't wipe the EPG data with a reset), then re-check daily?

If the toppy has no guide data (after a EPG reset or factory reset or clearing the channels) the toppy will fetch the full 7 days EPG for all channels at once. I'm sure after that it would only be fetching updates to the existing 7 days and data for the rolling 7th day.

Some people disable a few channels, let the toppy load the guide and then re-enable those disabled channels. The problem with that is that lately each Wednesday seems to have enough extra guide data to trip up the toppy again. For ongoing reliability you are better off disabling 2 or 3 channels and leaving them disabled.

Here is hoping the disabled 9 & 10 SDa channels fixes my issue.

If 9 and 10 aren't enough you could disable 1 more channel. One that you don't watch. Maybe the Food Network or NITV or the Community Channel if you get a community channel.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

What you need to do is to reduce the amount of data being downloaded by IceTV. ABC2 has a lot of data because there are many very short programs. I have data sent for ABC2; I have disabled data for both one of the SD Nine Melbourne LCNs (LCN 9 and 91), SBS 1 (LCN 3 - currently the content is duplicated on SBS HD). I have also disable one of the duplicate LCNs for One (LCN 1 disabled). You could also disable the duplicates for the main Seven transmission (it is on LCN 7, 70 and 71 in Melbourne). You could also disable the duplicate 9GEM LCN if there is one in your location.

Hope this helps.

Ian

PS You have to remove LCNs data download in your IceTV account, to completely remove it the change to "remove" in the "Send to TV Recorder as LCN" and you can also limit to one of duplicate LCN in that column.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

DaveD

Hi Ian,
  Done all that I think (see jpg) below.

I see that Channel 7 have created LCN=30 / Seven HD to show the AFL (Vic and SA at the moment).
  I can't see it as an option on IceTV yet.

So that will be another channel where I will disable LCN 71 Seven SD and use 70 Seven HD once IceTV add it to the EPguide.

Dave at IceTV

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

DaveD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: DaveD on May 11, 2016, 02:24:35 PM
Oops typo..I meant LCN=70

Actually, it depends on which city you are in.

For Sydney, Brisbane and Perth 7HD is currently showing 7Mate programming. For Melbourne and Adelaide 7HD is showing 7 programming. Like the other new HD channels 7HD is an MPEG4 channel, and in all areas where this has become active 7Mate has gone back to being shown in SD.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

DaveD