WINHD and 9Life

Started by vader1111, February 26, 2016, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

WIN have confirmed that they will be launching WINHD and 9Life on Tuesday 1st March.

Any chance we could now have these added to our list of channel options (LCNs etc) in the IceTV guide?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Unfortunately as they are taking over currently broadcasting channels we cannot enable these until they start.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

Daniel is correct. The same issue arose when the corresponding changes were made to the Capital city Nine Network transmissions. For example the LCN previously used by GEM became the one used by 9HD, and I thing eXtra moved to the LCN previously use by eXtra 2. It was very messy.

Unfortunately there is no way of avoiding this problem; you will need to do a new service scan to pick up the changes, and then resend the EPG data.

If you have a Topfield with recent firmware, you are best off deleting all services and then doing a new service scan (the new duplicate service identification module does not always work; you end up with the wrong LCNs for many services.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

It's not entirely clear to me exactly what the WinHD/9Life changes will be doing, but it doesn't look like they'll be swapping services on the same LCN and creating the same mess that they did with Nine HD and GEM.

Pre WIN-HD, the WIN channels in Canberra were:
8 Win Canberra
80 GEM Canberra
82 Extra
84 Gold
88 GO!

They now (just re-scanned) have:
8 Win Canberra
80 GEM Canberra
81 WIN Canberra
82 Extra
83 GO!
84 Gold
85 Coming Soon
86 Coming Soon
88 GO!

It's still not clear which service will go to which Coming Soon LCN, though.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

If it is anything like Melbourne, GEM Canberra LCN will be taken over by the new MPEG4 HD service, and GEM will revert to standard definition. Looks like GEM Ccanberra will be on either LCN 85 or 86, and presumably the new SD service on the other one. In Melbourne it was a bit more obvious as we had a second Gem LCN for about 6 weeks before the changeover. The really confusing thing was that the new SD sevice appropriated the LCN of eXtra, and eXtra took the LCN of the discontinued eXtra2.

Now, I am sure this makes a lot of sense to everyone.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

I see now that WIN has announced WIN HD on LCN 80, and 9Life on LCN 84. Who knows what other swaps. As you suggested, it's going to be the same sort of mess as the Nine HD transition.

Added: I should have clicked on the announcement.

Post-transition it will be:
WINHD – Channel 80
WIN – Channels 8 & 81
9GEM – Channel 82
9GO! – Channels 83 & 88
9LIFE – Channel 84
EXTRA – Channel 85
GOLD – Channel 86

As I posted earlier, pre-transition is:
8 Win Canberra
80 GEM Canberra
82 Extra
84 Gold
88 GO!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Also, there's this:
QuoteWA Viewers Please Note: Due to technical requirements, the new channels will be delayed by a few days into your area.
::)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

warkus

Lol, there's a reason we are WA...

Wait
Awhile

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: warkus on February 26, 2016, 11:16:23 PM
Lol, there's a reason we are WA...

Wait
Awhile

It will take a few days before your forum post will arrive in the browser of east coast residents. 8)
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

vader1111

Win HD and 9Life are now live (at least here in Canberra).  Can we please have them listed in IceTV now?

prl

Quote from: vader1111 on March 01, 2016, 11:58:05 AM
Win HD and 9Life are now live (at least here in Canberra).  Can we please have them listed in IceTV now?

I've already posted the data IceTV needs for WIN Canberra.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

furbies

In EyeTV, I retuned for Ch 9/WIN and am still missing the guide(s) for GEM, LIFE, Extra, GOLD.

And in the IceTV page : https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=showIceguide where I can "map" channels to LCN numbers, they are incorrect for some of the WIN channels:

IceTV Channel Name & LCNs are wrong:
GEM is 82, not 80
LIFE is 84, not 94
Extra is 85, not listed on IceTV's "My Account/Channels: Select the correct LCN for each channel"
GOLD is 86, not listed on IceTV's "My Account/Channels: Select the correct LCN for each channel"

IceTV folks, you need to get cracking and get this sorted out. (And yes, I've send an email to tech support)

jas55

iv got no TV guide for my Beyonwiz T4
WINHD – Channel 80
WIN – Channels 8
9GEM – Channel 82
9GO! – Channels 88
9LIFE – Channel 84
how do i fix this thanks i live in Victoria regional.

prl

Quote from: jas55 on March 01, 2016, 06:16:06 PMiv got no TV guide for my Beyonwiz T4 ...

Follow the instructions here. You'll need to be a bit more explicit about your location than "regional Victoria". Nearest major centre, for example.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

jas55