Information needed for new channels (7flix, TEN HD and more)

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, February 25, 2016, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on February 26, 2016, 01:01:09 PM
Daniel, I assume, because of these posts, that, like me, you haven't found a better way of getting these triples than just asking people? :(

Sadly yes, there was a register that FreeTV used to maintain, but the last I heard the person whos job that was left and the duties were not re-assigned.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Dave at IceTV

Daniel, I assume, because of these posts, that, like me, you haven't found a better way of getting these triples than just asking people? :(

The T series plugin could have been coded to send the triplets automatically...
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 26, 2016, 02:22:52 PM

Sadly yes, there was a register that FreeTV used to maintain, but the last I heard the person whos job that was left and the duties were not re-assigned.

IanSav on the Beyonwiz forum contacted FreeTV about the register. He posted that the response he'd had from them was:
QuoteThe person who maintains the document in question have been overseas for a very long time but has just returned to Australia. He will apparently get to update the document "in due course".

That was in December last year. The AUSTRALIAN DIGITAL TERRESTRIAL TELEVISION BROADCASTING SERVICE INFORMATION REGISTER still hasn't been updated. The fact that FreeTv left it without updates for more than three years because someone was overseas doesn't bode well for reliable and timely updates in the future.

It's also only available as a PDF, even though the PDF shows that the actual data is a spreadsheet.

See the whole sorry tale in Listings for ONID/TSID/SID triplets for digital TV channels on the Beyonwiz forum (you'll have to cut and paste the URL because of the mangling that the forum does on ampersands in URLs: http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=9892.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 26, 2016, 02:27:38 PM

The T series plugin could have been coded to send the triplets automatically...

It's been discussed on the Beyonwiz forum before, in the context of getting the equivalent data for picon setup. I'd have thought it would be a bit hard in some cases matching the triples, LCNs and channel names back to regions for IceTV's use of the data. That's less of an issue for the picon setup, where it's basically done on the triple and the service name. I currently only organise that data by region because that's how I get it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Mac37

Here is the Sunshine Coast set for "66"

TSID     0950
ONID    1013
SID       0965

7flix  LCN  66
Sunshine Coast

We also receive the Brisbane Channels, but I see you already have these.

Thanks
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

IanL-S

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 26, 2016, 12:50:40 PM
Ok, 7flix and TEN HD have been enabled in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. The only region left is the Gold Coast (just need the triplets for this region). They have placeholder data until the channels start on the 28th and 2nd so they can be used right now.

For NBN regions we will not be able to change the channels around until the new channels start unfortunately.

Dan, in Melbourne the place holder data says 10HD is starting of 28 Feb rather than the correct date in March.

Not sure if it is critical but it could cause confusion.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Tezza007

In Perth

IceTV guide show both channels starting in Perth tomorrow

Ourguide and my TV's Freeview guide have 7Flix starting to broadcast at 6am tomorrow and while looking at the guide they just broadcast an announcement on 7Flix that it starts tomorrow

OurGuide has 10HD guide from 3pm Wednesday the 2nd. The TV says starting on that day but no guide yet
IceTV shows guide from 12.30am on the 2nd

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on February 27, 2016, 09:04:59 AM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 26, 2016, 12:50:40 PM
Ok, 7flix and TEN HD have been enabled in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. The only region left is the Gold Coast (just need the triplets for this region). They have placeholder data until the channels start on the 28th and 2nd so they can be used right now.

For NBN regions we will not be able to change the channels around until the new channels start unfortunately.

Dan, in Melbourne the place holder data says 10HD is starting of 28 Feb rather than the correct date in March.

Not sure if it is critical but it could cause confusion.

Ian

Woops, fixed that up, it might take a bit to flow through though.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Mac37

When will we see on the Sunshine Coast "My Account" and listings :-

7flix for Brisbane LCN 76
7flix for S Coast   LCN 66  (I have posted the triplets for this for the BWIZ)
10HD for Bris       LCN 13

Thanks
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Tezza007 on February 27, 2016, 10:47:01 AM
In Perth

IceTV guide show both channels starting in Perth tomorrow

Ourguide and my TV's Freeview guide have 7Flix starting to broadcast at 6am tomorrow and while looking at the guide they just broadcast an announcement on 7Flix that it starts tomorrow

OurGuide has 10HD guide from 3pm Wednesday the 2nd. The TV says starting on that day but no guide yet
IceTV shows guide from 12.30am on the 2nd

Placeholder data is now in place up till 3pm on the 2nd for TEN HD.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: mac37 on February 26, 2016, 03:42:17 PM
Here is the Sunshine Coast set for "66"

TSID     0950
ONID    1013
SID       0965

7flix  LCN  66
Sunshine Coast

We also receive the Brisbane Channels, but I see you already have these.

Thanks

Sunshine Coast has been updated and the channels are now live.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Mac37

Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

bodogbodog

Well done and thanks to the IceTV team on getting the coming weeks programmes up for 7 Flix
Nothing that catches my eye to record but good to have the option
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

tldaley

Ok, here are the numbers taken fron the BeyonWiz T4 in Adelaide....

TSID - 0x0605 (1541d)
ONID - 0x1014 (4116d)
SID - 0x0654 (1620d)
Ten HD
Ten Adelaide

TSID - 0x0505 (1285d)
ONID - 0x1013 (4115d)
SID - 0x0555 (1365d)
7flix
Seven Network

Hope this helps.

Ciao,