IceTV & Apple Mac?

Started by alross, April 22, 2005, 08:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alross

I own a Topfield PVR and Like the idea of using the ICE guide.
There are no instructions for Mac, can I use virtual PC?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quick answer is yes, the iceguide4topfield loader will run in a virtual PC setup, but there has been issues with the USB connection to the Topfield which may stop it from working at all.

Daniel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

alross

Thanks
I'll try to run Altair and see how that goes first.

RubberChicken

Any plans for a mac version? VPC is a stopgap, I get concerned devlopers will use it as an excuse not to develop for Mac.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We are currently developing a wireless solution that will be platform independant.

Daniel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

alross

Yes, the wireless thing sounds good!
The Virtual PC thing  did  not work because of the applications not seeing the USB connection..
Altair did but the other apps did not.

kermit

Have a look here for MacTF.  A Mac like version of Altair:
http://www.noates.com/

pvogel

We are in final stages of development of a wireless bridge which lets the Toppy retrieve IceGuide directly from our server, so if you have a home WLAN the PC/Mac issue becomes irrelevant.

Anyone interested in beta testing the WLAN bridge should email support@icetv.com.au. Cost of the device will be less than $200 and software for the device and Toppy will be provided free.

Peter Vogel

CTO

kermit

QuoteWe are in final stages of development of a wireless bridge which lets the Toppy retrieve IceGuide directly from our server, so if you have a home WLAN the PC/Mac issue becomes irrelevant.

Anyone interested in beta testing the WLAN bridge should email support@icetv.com.au. Cost of the device will be less than $200 and software for the device and Toppy will be provided free.

Peter Vogel

CTO
Peter, the forum just sent me three emails for your one reply in this thread.

Mobius

I am a Mac user who would like to use your service, and am looking forward to the wireless bridge/auto-update functionality.

Once that is available I will sign up for the Ice guide right away!

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Mobius,

We can notify you when this is available if you sign up to the Keep me Informed page which is available here. http://www.icetv.com.au/co_informed.php

Daniel.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

alross

If the new wireless device works independent of a computer type, can I use this device  to upload the software to the Toppy?
Also if the firmware needs updating I can't seem to do this on a Mac as it is, can this be done with the device?

I have a Mac G4 PowerBook and Airport Extreme network.

pvogel

>If the new wireless device works independent of a computer type, can I use this device  to upload >the software to the Toppy?

Yes.

>Also if the firmware needs updating I can't seem to do this on a Mac as it is, can this be done with >the device?

>I have a Mac G4 PowerBook and Airport Extreme network.

Good question. I will innestigate and report back. Anyone else know of a Mac version of TFDN USB?

kermit

QuoteNot sure about TFDN USB, but there is a Topfield program that allows copying to/from the Toppy from a Mac OSX machine over USB here: http://www.noates.com/

Regards,
Shane.
I posted that on the 4th May Shane.

Shane

I posted that on the 4th May Shane.

Doh! Teach me for speed reading the topic... ;)

Post removed.

Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE