No Data - PRIME7 Newcastle - Beyonwiz T4

Started by JayseeandDali, February 12, 2016, 04:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayseeandDali

Hi,

Just received and installed my new Beyonwiz T4, replacing a Topfield 2400.

All good except that there's no EPG data showing for PRIME7 Newcastle (LCN 6), called "Prime Northern" on the IceTV setup page.

It was there this morning on the Toppy.

Any ideas?

The other 7's are there, Mate and TWO.

Dave at IceTV

Try enabling "Prime Southern" on the IceTV setup page and disabling "Prime Northern".

Then rerun the setup wizard on the IceTV plugin on the Beyonwiz.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JayseeandDali

That did it.

I've never used "Prime Southern" before assuming it wouldn't be accurate for the Newcastle area.

Cheers Dave; appreciate it!

Dave at IceTV

"Prime Northern" is for Tamworth. "Prime Southern" is for all other NSW areas that get Prime.

"Prime Northern" and "Prime Southern" are 99.9% the same so for older PVRs you could use either and not notice a difference. But recent PVRs like the Skippa and the Beyonwiz T series need the correct one selected in the IceTV account.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JayseeandDali

Very good to know. Thank you. I always assumed northern was say north of Sydney (hence why I've always used it and it worked) and southern was south of Sydney. Is it actually explained anywhere exactly which one is for what area?

Mac37

Although this site
http://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au/#69
dates back to the digital retune time, it shows which transmitters cover their areas.
In our case for example we live on the Sunshine Coast in an area covered by 2 transmitters with good signals
One covering Sunshine Coast North (Regional chanels 5 - 6 - 8 etc.
One covering Sunshine Coast South, which gives us Brisbane Channels 7 - 9 - 10 etc.
The map can show your address and the direction to the transmitters.
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 12, 2016, 07:04:36 PM
"Prime Northern" is for Tamworth. "Prime Southern" is for all other NSW areas that get Prime.

I was wrong about "Prime Northern" being for Tamworth. I must have been thinking about another channel.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 12, 2016, 07:04:36 PM
They are 99.9% the same...

The difference between Prime Northern and Prime Southern is:

• At 6pm weekdays "Prime Northern" has Prime Local News and Seven's National News.
  • At 6pm weekdays "Prime Southern" has only Seven National News (the same as the capital cities).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service