Invalid Channel Number on ABC 21

Started by fitzmooney, February 12, 2016, 12:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzmooney

I am in Esperance in WA and I keep getting the above timer failure on the above channel.
I have checked that the list on my HDR-7500T and the Ice page is the same.
What else could be the problem?

Dave at IceTV

Your account has ABC set to channel number (LCN) 21 so first make sure that channel 21 exists on your Humax.

If the channel scan on the Humax original found 2 sets of ABC channels the Humax could be mistakenly trying to set the recordings on the extra ABC channels (usually on channel numbers above 349 or above 1000). The Humax always tries to set ABC recordings on the last ABC channel it found during the auto scan (or the last SBS channel for SBS recordings and so on).

If your Humax has 2 sets of ABC channels you need to note the 2 different frequencies that the various ABC channels are using. Then work out which frequency gives you the best signal. Next delete ALL abc channels. Finally do a manual scan for the best frequency.

If your Humax has 2 sets of any other TV channels (with one set having numbers higher than 99) you need to do the same for those channels.

Optionally you should work what the best frequency is for each TV network (ABC, SBS, Seven, Nine and Ten) then do a factory reset and stop the auto scan when it starts. Then manually scan for the 5 good frequencies.

You should keep a copy of the 5 good frequencies in case you ever need to setup the Humax again.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

fitzmooney

I have ABC channels 21, 22 and 24 on the Humax.
I have been trying to record the latest series of Catalyst on 21 when I get the channel error.
Strange thing is when I check my series it shows it as Catalyst 2008.
I have deleted this series and set up the new series and it keeps reverting to the old one.

Dave at IceTV

The (2008) is not in the name of the show. It just appears on the website in TV Guide, My Week and My Series.

If you go to My Week - https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/myshows - then click on 'Catalyst (2008)' to expand the program you will see that it is actually named just 'Catalyst'.

The (2008) is coming from the info below the synopsys: "Series, 2008, Australia, English, Education, Science & Tech"

Try deleting "all" ABC channels from "Menu > Settings > Channels"
First Delete All Channels:

1. Go to 'Menu > Settings > Edit Channels > 0000 > Edit Channel List'.
2. Press OK on each ABC channel to put a tick next them.
3. Press OK on every channel with numbers higher than 99 to put a tick next them.
4. Press the Red button to Delete the selected channels.
5. Press the Exit button then 'Save Changes'.

Next do a Manual Search for just the ABC network's channels as follows:

1. Go to 'Menu > Settings > Installation > 0000 > Manual Search'.
2. Don't change the 'Frequency' (it changes itself when you change the channel).
3. Leave the 'Bandwidth' set to 7MHz.
4. Leave 'Network Search' OFF.
5. Set 'Channel' to 12.
6. Scroll down to the 'Search' button and press OK.
7. Save the found channels once the search ends.

Leave 2 and 21 enabled. Instead of deleting channel 2 just setup a favourite channel group that only contains the channels that you want to see in the guide. See pages 23 and 24 in Humax owner's manual which you can download here.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20363372
cheers

Dave
Customer Service