ABC TV Content wrong again

Started by impact, December 07, 2006, 08:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

Cant understand how this often occurs - one day in the week it mucks up... Given that you get a feed from abc, from the outside world all we can do is wonder what processess cause it.

Today ABCtV Melbourne - guide says Play With Me Sesame - ABC website and actual programming is Its a Big Big World.

As you can tell - Im frustrated because I missed recording this show, and just makes me annoyed when things go wrong on abc / abctv...

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

I've just checked and my apologies, it was an error. I have scanned our guide and 'It's A Big Big World' is scheduled at 8.30-8.40am for tomorrow and next week.

We do not receive a direct feed for any channels, including the ABC, but I will inform our schedulers.

Cheers

impact

The impression always given in the past that ABC and SBS do give icetv their programming schedule.... Not the case now ? There is no dofference between these channels and ch9 / 7 etc... in the way the data is collected, cleansed, distributed..

Now I am a bit disturbed - because past posts always inferred that the abc was semi okay with icetv and that the guide data was given to you - hence the misundestanding of why some subtitles / inaccuracies / changes / wrong info pops up....

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

No nothing has changed. We have permission from the ABC and SBS to use, but not alter in any way, their guide data. This is not a direct feed though - the information is manually entered and unfortunately this means errors can slip through.

Hope this answered your question.

Cheers