Cannot log into to IceTV account on Internet (21-01-16) Now Resolved

Started by IanL-S, January 21, 2016, 08:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

When I go to the IceTV login page, type in my user-name and password but nothing happens. Does this for both accounts. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Same using Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

Update: Tried another computer and there was no problem. Rebooted the one causing issues and the problem went away. Just one of those weird things when using Windows 10.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on January 21, 2016, 08:05:10 AM
When I go to the IceTV login page, type in my user-name and password but nothing happens. Does this for both accounts. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Same using Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

Update: Tried another computer and there was no problem. Rebooted the one causing issues and the problem went away. Just one of those weird things when using Windows 10.

Thanks for the update.

I was going to say it's likely to be a web browser thing but you said you'd tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tonymy01

When I have had problems that span multiple browsers before, turned out my Winsock was compromised (step son got a worm on my PC.... windows 7 though).   I thought it was compromised DNS, but turned out when Winsock has a hernia, you can get all sorts of weird behaviour (such as ping doing what you expect, telnet working, but http through port 80 not for example).   I cleaned up the worm but left a broken winsock, took me forever to get the computer working properly again!
It is now Windows10, hopefully isn't so easy to compromise (and given step-son a non-admin account now..)
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Dave at IceTV

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on January 21, 2016, 08:05:10 AMJust one of those weird things when using Windows 10.

I have had Windows 10 in a virtual machine since it was released. Rather than weird, I see it as a "new lamps for old" gift from Microsoft.

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 21, 2016, 12:23:09 PMIt is now Windows10, hopefully isn't so easy to compromise (and given step-son a non-admin account now..)

I hope fervently that MS will release something before 2020 that looks remotely like a desktop productivity OS that is under the control of the user. Also that they can eventually be constrained from continuously spamming my Windows 7 PCs with offers for Windows 10 that I neither asked for nor ever wanted.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: raymondjpg on January 21, 2016, 12:59:23 PM

I hope fervently that MS will release something before 2020 that looks remotely like a desktop productivity OS that is under the control of the user. Also that they can eventually be constrained from continuously spamming my Windows 7 PCs with offers for Windows 10 that I neither asked for nor ever wanted.

You could try this  ;D http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/GWX-Stopper.shtml
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

JPP

I also found that once I made the changes to the Registry, I got Win7 updates again - all of 360MB to be exact. I hadn't been getting them ever since MS installed the GWX nag. I used the automated registry files in the article. 

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-block-windows-10-upgrades-on-your-business-network-and-at-home-too/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on January 21, 2016, 02:24:16 PMYou could try this  ;D http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/GWX-Stopper.shtml

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't seen that before, but I now routinely screen MS updates for the three that variously try to "ready me" for Windows 10. So far I remain uncontaminated.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: JPP on January 21, 2016, 04:42:31 PM
I also found that once I made the changes to the Registry, I got Win7 updates again - all of 360MB to be exact. I hadn't been getting them ever since MS installed the GWX nag. I used the automated registry files in the article. 

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-block-windows-10-upgrades-on-your-business-network-and-at-home-too/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61

Do you mean the automated registry files fixed the issues for you, or they didn't? If MS tries once more to push their verminous 10 on me I'll try the DisableOSUpgrade regfix! The ZDNet article has an almost glowing testimonial for Windows 10, citing improved security; as if Windows 7 weren't over-secure already, if fully patched. There are also those who promote the mandatory MS update process for Windows 10 as laudable, given the number of unpatched and hence vulnerable Windows pcs around. If Linux weren't so pathetic with wireless networking and bridging ethernet and wireless NICs I'd have migrated there years ago.

JPP

Yes, the automated registry fix files worked a charm for me!!
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Tezza007

I've used every version of Windows since 3.1 and I love 10.
Worst were 2000, Vista and 7 in that order
Best were 98 2nd Edition, Millennium, XP, 8.1 and 10 in reverse order

csutak40

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 22, 2016, 11:05:14 AM
I've used every version of Windows since 3.1 and I love 10.
Worst were 2000, Vista and 7 in that order
Best were 98 2nd Edition, Millennium, XP, 8.1 and 10 in reverse order

Oh dear!  I think you're in the minority.  I also used every Windows  since 3.1  (sorry, not 2000, nor milleneum) So far, you are the second person I've heard of that likes 8 (or 8.1 - and that is even though they installed Classic Shell)  I tried 8 for a couple of days and hated it.  Hence, I am in  no hurry to try 10, loved XP got forced to update to 7.  I don't think it is bad at all (even though I miss XP)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Paul55

Quote from: csutak40 on January 22, 2016, 02:28:30 PM
I tried 8 for a couple of days and hated it.  Hence, I am in  no hurry to try 10, loved XP got forced to update to 7.

I liked XP, mainly because I used it so much and for so long - at work and home. Windows 7 was also fine IMO.
Didn't like 8 and quickly updated to 8.1 which was OK after a bit of tweaking. I'm now using 10 on both my main home computers and have grown to like it - it's what 8.x should have been.
Don't be too concerned when the time comes when you have to update.

tonymy01

I only recently did the upgrade to 10 pro (from 7 ultimate), and, so far, I am not fussed either way.  It has some nice things, like plotting download speeds and such, and is certainly not terrible like 8.0 was (with no start menu!  I never really used 8.0, but a laptop I bought my Dad came with it, so briefly fiddled with it).   

It has a start menu of sorts, although pinning stuff to it for commonly used stuff ends up in a tiled bit next to the start menu, and the folder structure of it is kind of flattened somewhat (they are trying to make it look more like a list than a bunch of shortcuts in folders). 
Not impressed with losing WMC, but then again, I only used it for novelty value anyway, since I have so many PVR tuners already connected to my TV now.
Notifications area is nicer.
In general, I was quite happy with Windows7 (vs XP), and Windows 10 is not a giant step backwards like 8.0 supposedly was, so I am happy enough with it.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

simoncasey

I've found 10 a huge improvement. I loved 7 and found 8 unusable with so much driver issues and very poor performance and hard to navigate with the stupid charms and lack of proper Windows for working. 10 resolves all of those issues.

My PCs are a few years old and I found 10 a big improvement in performance over 7, which is unusually for an os upgrade.