Cannot log into to IceTV account on Internet (21-01-16) Now Resolved

Started by IanL-S, January 21, 2016, 08:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on January 22, 2016, 06:51:55 PM
I've found 10 a huge improvement. I loved 7 and found 8 unusable with so much driver issues and very poor performance and hard to navigate with the stupid charms and lack of proper Windows for working. 10 resolves all of those issues.

My PCs are a few years old and I found 10 a big improvement in performance over 7, which is unusually for an os upgrade.

I can understand an upgrade from 8 to 10. The lore goes that every other Windows release is a turkey (or a winner depending on which way you look at it). I continue to use 7, and haven't used 10 enough to evaluate it properly, although I wouldn't be surprised if it had performance improvements over 7. I always felt that 7 was "top-heavy" compared to XP, which for my purposes was the best Windows OS so far. My reading of where Windows evolves now is perhaps a series of variants tailored for different platforms - possibly tablet, run of the mill pc and possibly an enterprise version with options for full administrative control over its operations. In the meantime MS bearing gifts, the our way or the highway attitude towards updates and the mere mention of a "store" rang enough alarm bells for me to decide that at this stage 7 is definitely a better bet than 10.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 22, 2016, 02:37:44 PM

Not impressed with losing WMC, but then again, I only used it for novelty value anyway, since I have so many PVR tuners already connected to my TV now.

Actually, I was just thinking that I no longer need it.  I use it for stuff that I want to keep for various reasons, so that I can edit the commercials/padding out of it with VideoRedo an keep it on a NAS drive.  Transferring things off the Toppy was too much like hard work.  I now realised that I can do the same with the Wiz, so there is really no need to use the WMC
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

Yes, it is very easy to transfer recording of a Beyonwiz. I can remember how slow it was doing so from my old 5000 Masterpice (via my IceBox and then IceBox 2). TMS Toppys are much easier as they have a built-in Ethernet port and have an ftp server. The Beyonwiz (T2, T3 and T4) are by far the easiest to transfer recording to PC.

Ian

PS I liked Windows 7 (64 bit variant), hated Windows 8, was a little happier with Windows 8.1, and am getting used to using Windows 10 (much better than 8 or 8.1). Driver support and boot times are better with 10 (particularly with an SSD), but there are dirver problems with some older devices (I have one printer which I could not get working).
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Tezza007

Quote from: csutak40 on January 22, 2016, 02:28:30 PM
Quote from: Tezza007 on January 22, 2016, 11:05:14 AM
I've used every version of Windows since 3.1 and I love 10.
Worst were 2000, Vista and 7 in that order
Best were 98 2nd Edition, Millennium, XP, 8.1 and 10 in reverse order

Oh dear!  I think you're in the minority.  I also used every Windows  since 3.1  (sorry, not 2000, nor milleneum) So far, you are the second person I've heard of that likes 8 (or 8.1 - and that is even though they installed Classic Shell)  I tried 8 for a couple of days and hated it.  Hence, I am in  no hurry to try 10, loved XP got forced to update to 7.  I don't think it is bad at all (even though I miss XP)

Nope, not keen on 8, 8.1 was a big improvement