Sort order in "Coming Soon"

Started by prl, January 16, 2016, 06:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

In the Web version of Coming Soon, "Coming Soon" programs sort before all programs with dates when the list is sorted by date.

In the Android app's Coming Soon, "Coming Soon" programs sort after all the programs with dates (and that's the only sort order).

Is there a rationale why the two use different sort ordering for "Coming Soon"? I prefer "after", because most of the "Coming Soon" programs will show after the ones with dates.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on January 16, 2016, 06:15:49 PM
In the Web version of Coming Soon, "Coming Soon" programs sort before all programs with dates when the list is sorted by date.

In the Android app's Coming Soon, "Coming Soon" programs sort after all the programs with dates (and that's the only sort order).

Is there a rationale why the two use different sort ordering for "Coming Soon"? I prefer "after", because most of the "Coming Soon" programs will show after the ones with dates.

No rationale that I'm aware of. Just coded by different people with different opinions using whatever sort options were available to them at the time.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service