More blank timers

Started by csutak40, January 16, 2016, 04:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Thanks for the update, Daniel. I'd suspected that the two problems might have been related. I hope the fix does the job :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on January 19, 2016, 09:30:13 AM

Try two GUI restarts in a row (long-POWER, Restart GUI). Between them, wait for IceTV to complete its update (look in MENU>Plugins>IceTV>Show log, and make sure you see "Start update, EPG download OK, Timers updated OK, END update").

This last bit is the tl;dr version of my previous post :)

I did something silly last night.  I tried the GUI restarts, without first checking to see if the blank timer was still there.   The timer is no longer blank (only had one left, I "fixed"  the others by the deleting of the timer from IceTV method) so, now I don't know if Daniel has fixed it, or my GUI restart did.  :-\
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

OK.  I thought this problem was fixed, I stopped checking them daily.  Then tonight (too late) I discovered that Heroes was recording without a name.  So, I went through the rest of the week and found two more.

I then checked the EPG to see if they were blank there.  One of them was, but the other two (including Heroes, which may have been blank when it started to record, no way to find out)

So, it, again makes no sense.  No doubt, I can "fix" it by the fiddle suggested by Peter, but  I would really prefer for the cause to be found out, so that I don't have to be checking all the time  :(
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

OK, I restarted the GUI twice, which fixed the problem (the first one fixed one of them, but not both) but I would love to hear from Daniel how the fix is going?
Cheers,
Judy

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Judy,

I pushed a new fix to the server late yesterday to fix an edge case when updating the cache on the server, we are still monitoring the issue though to ensure there are no more edge cases that haven't been caught as yet.

Now that your local cache is up to date as well (and of course barring anymore issues) it should be all good from now on.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 16, 2016, 11:30:53 AM
Hi Judy,

I pushed a new fix to the server late yesterday to fix an edge case when updating the cache on the server, we are still monitoring the issue though to ensure there are no more edge cases that haven't been caught as yet.

Now that your local cache is up to date as well (and of course barring anymore issues) it should be all good from now on.

Thanks, Daniel.  Fingers and toes crossed  :P
Cheers,
Judy