Timers Being Sent to Wrong Beyonwiz

Started by Paul55, February 19, 2016, 10:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

I previously posted this in the smart recording section of the forum but thought it may be better here.
I have 4 Beyonwiz DP series PVRs (with unique names) and a Toppy 2400 that all connect successfully to IceTV. I don't believe I have made any changes to the PVRs or on the website for months. However, over the last couple of weeks, some timers are being sent to the wrong device.
2 of the BWs an fthe Toppy have been fine, but the other 2 Wizzers are having problems.
If support staff read this and have access to my account details (Paul55), the following is happening.
The miscreant PVRs are named RumP2 (1st in the list) and FauxP1 (last of my 5 devices). Timers set (via the website) for RumP2 are appearing on FauxP1. Timers set for FauxP1 aren't appearing on any machines as far as I can tell.
All my devices except FauxP1 connect via my home broadband. FauxP1 connects via my 4G wireless hotspot.
Any help much appreciated.

Paul55

Don't know if IceTV did something, but FauxP1 suddenly downloaded the timers this morning. Only difference to any other day is that I turned it on at a different time to usual.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Paul55 on February 19, 2016, 10:03:50 AM...RumP2 (1st in the list)

Wasn't what Dave effectively suggested in the other thread to put the Toppy 2400 first in the list, or did I misinterpret that?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Paul55

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 20, 2016, 11:23:31 AM
Dave effectively suggested in the other thread to put the Toppy 2400 first in the list

He suggested it as a possibility, but I really don't want to muck around with the Toppy because that has been the least robust.
I may have stumbled on a 'solution' while mucking around. It seems that both the daily fetch times for the miscreant FauxP1 were occurring at the same time as other fetches - the AM time with the other 'problem' Wiz and the PM with the Toppy.
I've changed the fetch times to deconflict and things now seem to be back on track. Time will tell.

grampus

Have a look at this thread
Maybe its still valid.
The dummy device first did it for me.
Problem never re-occurred.

oops twinkle fingers forgot to copy in.

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/problem-synching-from-icetv-to-beyonwiz/4233/msg19717#msg19717
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: grampus on February 22, 2016, 10:00:45 AM... The dummy device first did it for me. ...

Paul55 has posted that he has 5 active recorders in the account, so a dummy entry may be a bit tricky.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Paul55

Quote from: prl on February 22, 2016, 11:19:21 AM
Paul55 has posted that he has 5 active recorders in the account, so a dummy entry may be a bit tricky.

Yes, the reduction to 5 devices has hurt me a little. Still, it's probably a reasonable number for the vast majority of users.
I can't remember the reason IceTV gave for reducing it from 10 devices, but it's still better than the original 3 or 4 devices.

grampus

Quote from: prl on February 22, 2016, 11:19:21 AM
Quote from: grampus on February 22, 2016, 10:00:45 AM... The dummy device first did it for me. ...

Had a feeling that might cause a bit of angst.
BeyonWiz, T3