IcetV on T4

Started by csutak40, November 04, 2015, 10:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I am a very new owner of T4, so please excuse me if these are silly and/or asked and answered questions.

I have set up the T4 (more or less) and tried to figure out how to set recordings on there with IceTV.  As I couldn't find it, I resorted to the IceTV webpage and set up a couple there, just as a test.  That worked, but all of the sudden, lots of recordings showed up with an orange dot (which, AFAIK means "Single Recording (on now)" which I have not set.  They are not only what's on "now" they are some for tomorrow as well.  The good news is that the ones that are showing for now aren't actually recording on the T4, but I don't understand where they came from and why.

The second thing is, I still can't figure out how to set a recording from the T4, as opposed to the IceTV webpage (or phone app)  I attempted to set a recording, and succeeded but the recording hasn't got the Ice logo on it and it is not showing in IceTV, so it is obviously set by autotimer, not IceTV

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Dave at IceTV

Hi Judy,

T4, nice choice.

I've seen those phantom orange recordings before and they always have the same features. They always look like a single 24 hour long recording on one channel. And they always occur in accounts with T3s and T4s.

I don't know what message the T3 or T4 is reporting back to IceTV to cause this behaviour but apart from the many orange icons listed in My Week it does seem harmless. And it's not a high priority at the moment to work out if it's a server side bug or a PVR IceTV plugin bug.

You cannot set IceTV series recordings from the T4. Only the Skippa and Humax can do that.

Any timer you set on the T4 remains local to the T4 only. But so you know what is currently set to record on the T4, each timer will appear as a single recording in My Week and the TV guide in IceTV (on the website and phone apps).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 04, 2015, 11:05:18 PM

I don't know what message the T3 or T4 is reporting back to IceTV to cause this behaviour but apart from the many orange icons listed in My Week it does seem harmless. And it's not a high priority at the moment to work out if it's a server side bug or a PVR IceTV plugin bug.

I realise that you are busy, but thought I'd mention this again, so it won't get completely forgotten about.  It is rather annoying, very hard to see what is actually set to record and what is just a phantom recording on IceTV.  FWIW, none are orange any longer, all are red. I am attaching a portion of the week only, as the file would be too large otherwise, but the entire week looks like this
Cheers,
Judy

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Judy,

Looking at what you had scheduled and its not the same issue that Dave was describing earlier. It looks like you have a keyword recording setup for:

'repeat='no''

So in essence it would try and record every show that airs that is not a repeat. I have cancelled that one off for you now and a lot of those timers have been cleared out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Dave at IceTV

Judy,

You really don't need to use repeat:no in any keywords because you can set the keyword to "First runs only" (which is the same thing).

The only time you want to use the 'repeat:' parameter is when you want repeat:yes so it only records repeat episodes. If you do ever use repeat:yes as part of a keyword you must also set the Record setting to "All episodes'. If you set the Record setting to "First runs only" it cancels out the repeat:yes parameter.

You had a couple of keywords that would be better as proper series recordings instead of keywords. Broadchurch exists in our database but is not on at the moment, so I deleted your keyword and set it as a series recording.

You also had a keyword and series recording set for the same show (Rectify).

I've fixed all of those for you.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 10, 2015, 09:06:15 PM

I've fixed all of those for you.

Thank you very much, both Dave and Daniel!!!
Cheers,
Judy

jas55

hi i just got my t4 I'm using icetv and i want to know how do i transfer all my skippa timers to my t4 do just rename the skippa to Beyonwiz T4 in my icetv account.
thanks.

Dave at IceTV

Hi jas55,

Once you connect a T4 (or T2 or T3) to your account it stays in the spot it is first assigned (and cannot be moved). So don't connect it just yet. I want to test something first.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Is that a hint that the "copy recordings to another device" function is almost ready to be used? If so  :D
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jas55

sorry Dave i connected the t4 already i read your post too late any way i just re-assigned the shows to the T4 and its working.
thanks.

Dave at IceTV

LOL

I've worked out that you cannot get a T series Beyonwiz to take over the device and recordings from a Skippa, no matter how hard you try.

The only option is what you have done: Let the T4 add itself as a new device and move or copy all of your series recordings to the T4.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on February 12, 2016, 07:17:44 PM
Is that a hint that the "copy recordings to another device" function is almost ready to be used? If so  :D

Not yet. But I thought I could trick the T4 into taking over the Skippa's device spot but it didn't want to know about it.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

jas55

thanks Dave i just copied all of my series recordings to the T4 all working good.

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 12, 2016, 09:01:46 PM
Quote from: prl on February 12, 2016, 07:17:44 PM

Not yet. But I thought I could trick the T4 into taking over the Skippa's device spot but it didn't want to know about it.
A pity :( But I guess you've all had a lot on your minds lately.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing