Holes in EPG for ABC LCN2 & LCN21

Started by prl, January 11, 2016, 05:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Today's Canberra IceTV EPG is missing all data for my Beyonwiz T3 and T4s from now (17:25) to just past midnight tonight. From there on it looks normal.

I saw an initial report of the same problem on the Beyonwiz forum (IceTV section) and that prompted me to check my EPG. That user reported missing ABC EPGs on LCNs 20 and 21, but I suspect that the 20 may not be correct. The user didn't post their IceTV region, but I've asked what it is, and I'll repost here if it's given.

The user who originally posted on the Beyonwiz forum has posted here on the IceTV forum. Their rehi on is Adelaide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tjcurnow

The EPG on my T2 in Adelaide is similarly missing any data for the rest of today (it's now 17.20) on both of the "ABC" channels.  Starts again with Rage just after midnight (12.15am).

Tim

Mac37

All EPG present and "mainly" correct on Sunshine Coast (Regional). (including retransmitted Bris)

Only the usual problem of channel 91 showing the programs for  "GO!".
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

JPP

FWIW, all good on my Widget and XMLTV EPG feed here in Sydney. Hope that might help in locating the issue...Suggestion so far is that it's only the Wiz PVRs that are affected. My T2 Wiz is with BeyonWiz atm, awaiting replacement, so can't comment here.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

csutak40

All OK in Melbourne, but of course, this is hours later, so what ever the problem was, may have been fixed since
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This is definitely something that is still being investigated for the T-Series Beyonwiz devices, unfortunately it is a doozy but we hope to have it fixed for good within the next couple of days.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Thanks, Daniel. That's good to hear. Is it related to the "missing title" problem sometimes seen on Beyonwiz T series IceTV timers?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

My T2 has had bouts of missing EPG data. Unfortunately I do not keep a close eye on what it is up to so other than seeing recordings with just channel, date and time in the name I cannot offer much in way of help. I have not noticed the same thing happening with my SKIPPA.

Update If I recall correctly all the recordings were on 7 network, mostly 7Two.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

csutak40

Quote from: prl on January 12, 2016, 11:13:39 AM
Thanks, Daniel. That's good to hear. Is it related to the "missing title" problem sometimes seen on Beyonwiz T series IceTV timers?
I thought I'd mention it here...  I deleted the timer for the missing title, waited until it disappeared from the Wiz, then re-created it.  That seemed to fix the problem (for now - this wasn't the only show that this was happening with, nor the only channel)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It is the most likely cause, if there is a gap where the timer is supposed to be created it will get the show name from the guide.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on January 12, 2016, 02:54:08 PM

It is the most likely cause, if there is a gap where the timer is supposed to be created it will get the show name from the guide.

On the Beyonwiz T series client, the primary way of setting the timer name is from the data in the timer sent from IceTV. The EPG is only referenced to set the timer name if the timer name isn't supplied in the "set timer" command from IceTV. I was wondering whether the gap problem might have been on the server side.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use