Unable to schedule via website

Started by peter1960, January 26, 2016, 08:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter1960

When I select something to record via web, it disappears next time I look at "My Week"
It appears to only be with shows that are repeats

Paul55

Quote from: peter1960 on January 26, 2016, 08:59:34 AM
When I select something to record via web, it disappears next time I look at "My Week"

What have set as your advanced options?

prl

Quote from: Paul55 on January 26, 2016, 06:05:26 PM
Quote from: peter1960 on January 26, 2016, 08:59:34 AM

What have set as your advanced options?
If it's marked as a repeat, Advanced options defaults to All Episodes.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

peter1960

It is not different to what I normally would and when you are initially returned to the "My Week" after doing this it's shown as it will be picked up but after a refresh it's gone.
Looks like it's not all repeats this happens on, a few tests today shows sometimes it's works, no pattern I can see yet.

tjcurnow

I have had something like that behaviour occasionally.  I haven't tested, but I think it (only?) happens if I have a series recording set to record only new episodes, and then on top of that I try and record a single repeat episode of the same show.  The system tells me it's fine, and I see a red dot at that point, but then later if I go back and look there's no red dot (and I have to delete the series recording, and then set up a new recording for all episodes including repeats so I don't forget).  Any chance it's something like that?  (For a while there, the grey dots were a bit hit and miss for me, so I couldn't always tell that I had a series recording set, which made things even trickier.)

Tim

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: peter1960 on January 26, 2016, 08:09:31 PM
It is not different to what I normally would and when you are initially returned to the "My Week" after doing this it's shown as it will be picked up but after a refresh it's gone.
Looks like it's not all repeats this happens on, a few tests today shows sometimes it's works, no pattern I can see yet.

After you set or change a recording My Week will display that episode with the appropriate icon for what you are trying to do... until after you refresh the page (click on the My Week tab) then it shows you what is actually going to happen.

You can see this behaviour when you set a series for a show that is on every day. At first you only see the red queued icon for the day that you clicked on when you set the series. After a refresh you would now see all the episodes for the whole week with red icons. In your case, whatever you are trying to do is being overridden so the temporarily red icon returns to it's correct grey state (or vanishes altogether if a series is already set).

It seems like everyone who has replied is having trouble getting you to say how exactly you set the recording...

If you are trying to set a a 'Single' recording for a show that has a 'Series' recording already set that won't work - as you have discovered.

For a show with the grey icon you need to click on the "Record this episode" link. Click on the episode, then under "Recording Options" where it explains why that episode has a grey icon there is a link to "Record this episode".

e.g. "Recording Options:  This show is part of a series recording but will not be recorded. (Repeat showing but series set for first runs only.) Record this episode."
cheers

Dave
Customer Service