Missing recordings

Started by Vortical, January 10, 2016, 04:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortical

I'm starting to find numerous shows that did not record on my topfield 2460 over the last week even though website stated timers had been sent to the pvr. They seem missed at random as some episodes recorded on different days and there are not enough timers to cause any conflicts either.

The ones I know about were Neighbours on the 6th & 8th Jan did not record but did record on the 4th, 5th and 7th and one episode of the goldbergs did not record on the 7th Jan while the other episode on the 7th did record.

Has anyone else experienced this in the last week?

In addition to this I'm starting to see repeated shows getting into my recordings eg criminal minds and river monsters on the 13th January.

John

Hi Vortical  I have no idea about the random recordings, but I have sorted the Criminal Minds and River Monsters shows.

csutak40

Quote from: Vortical on January 10, 2016, 04:45:59 AM
I'm starting to find numerous shows that did not record on my topfield 2460 over the last week even though website stated timers had been sent to the pvr. They seem missed at random as some episodes recorded on different days and there are not enough timers to cause any conflicts either.

The ones I know about were Neighbours on the 6th & 8th Jan did not record but did record on the 4th, 5th and 7th and one episode of the goldbergs did not record on the 7th Jan while the other episode on the 7th did record.

Has anyone else experienced this in the last week?

I don't watch the Neighbours, but decided to check the Goldbergs and discovered that I have quite a few missing episodes (see attached)
Also noticed (FWIW) that a) the shows that were missing their titles, still have the correct info in the Metadata and b.) in some cases the date of the meta file is different from the rest of that show. 
As I really don't understand the workings of this all, I have no idea what it means, and whether or not it is of importance, but thought I'd mention it. 
P.S.  This is in Beyonwiz and for all of them, two timers were set at the time.  I suspect I would be better posting this there  :-\
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Vortical

I don't watch Neighbours either but my partner does and she came quizzing me about what could have happened. Luckily the episodes were on catchup although the quality is not the best.

Also After catching up on some shows recorded last year I'm now finding entire episodes of The Player missing but the show after it recorded fine.

I think I'm gonna give icetv a little while to see if this missing recordings trend continues before I pull the plug, if I have to monitor everything like a hawk I may as well just do it manually without paying for icetv.

I'm also finding multiple shows on the topfield with different .inf file dates to the .mpg and .nav files, not sure if it's relates to the meta file issue csutak is pointing out on the beyonwiz.

Vortical

Quote from: John on January 10, 2016, 06:23:47 AM
Hi Vortical  I have no idea about the random recordings, but I have sorted the Criminal Minds and River Monsters shows.

John

They have been removed from my week on the icetv website, but the timers have not been deleted from my topfield 2460 pvr, gonna have to manually delete them now  >:(

fastcars

Quote from: Vortical on January 10, 2016, 05:52:02 PM
Quote from: John on January 10, 2016, 06:23:47 AM

John

They have been removed from my week on the icetv website, but the timers have not been deleted from my topfield 2460 pvr, gonna have to manually delete them now  >:(

The Criminal Minds timers for the repeat episodes were automatically deleted on my T3.

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on January 10, 2016, 05:22:48 PM
I don't watch the Neighbours, but decided to check the Goldbergs and discovered that I have quite a few missing episodes (see attached)
Also noticed (FWIW) that a) the shows that were missing their titles, still have the correct info in the Metadata and

It's odd that they have the name missing in the filenames, but correct in the .meta file. I can't (for the moment) see how that can happen. Could you have a look at your timers file and see whether you have any timers with an empty name. If you do, could you grab a copy of the timers.xml file out of /etc/enigma2 and post it as an attachment on the Beyonwiz forum?

The existing topic Recorded programs have date time & channel instead of title there seems a sensible place to post about this problem.

Quote from: csutak40 on January 10, 2016, 05:22:48 PMb.) in some cases the date of the meta file is different from the rest of that show. 

That's not necessarily significant. The meta file can be re-written when the recording is played (e.g. to write the resume point into it when the recording is stopped).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Hi, Judy.

I've had a look at the timers.xml file you posted on the Beyonwiz forum and I found the timer entry for the recording on C31 at 06:58-07:50 Jan 18 with the missing name.

It doesn't help you directly, but for any IceFolk who are following this, the recording has ice_timer_id="16155256289381955291", which may help identify it on the server side. Apart from it having a missing name and description, I couldn't see anything unusual about it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Vortical on January 10, 2016, 05:45:04 PM
I think I'm gonna give icetv a little while to see if this missing recordings trend continues before I pull the plug, if I have to monitor everything like a hawk I may as well just do it manually without paying for icetv.

Your Topfield is only updating from IceTV during the same few hours each day. It's as if it turns on to record a few prime-time shows, then turns itself off until someone comes home at midnight and watches TV/recordings for a few hours. Or vice versa.

Basically it is not turned on in the afternoons when late scheduling changes or guide updates would be available.

If the Topfield is on 24/7 then maybe your Internet or WiFi network are not alive 24/7.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

I am missing recordings too, Dave.  TBH, I haven't been checking them, just presumed that if the timer is set then it will record.  Going back to check the Goldbergs (that has two episodes on the one day) I discovered that every so often, one of the recordings is missed.  I sent a screen shot elsewhere, but here it is again.

I doubt it has anything to do with the T4 being on, as it does record one of the two episodes. I really don't have the time to check all the other recordings to see what, if anything else, is missing.  I only noticed the Goldbergs because someone else mentioned it.  I suppose I'll discover what else is missing when I get around to watching them
Cheers,
Judy

simoncasey

Quote from: csutak40 on January 12, 2016, 05:22:36 PM
I am missing recordings too, Dave.  TBH, I haven't been checking them, just presumed that if the timer is set then it will record.  Going back to check the Goldbergs (that has two episodes on the one day) I discovered that every so often, one of the recordings is missed.  I sent a screen shot elsewhere, but here it is again.

I doubt it has anything to do with the T4 being on, as it does record one of the two episodes. I really don't have the time to check all the other recordings to see what, if anything else, is missing.  I only noticed the Goldbergs because someone else mentioned it.  I suppose I'll discover what else is missing when I get around to watching them
Have you checked that the recordings that get made with just dates as titles aren't the missing recordings?

tonymy01

And also confirm your Ice recording preference is for more than one a day (I set my default to "all" to avoid this problem that I was burnt with quite some time ago).
Edit..ok,I can see you quite often get a couple a day recording, with and without the name. Goldberg's is something I also record and haven't watched yet, so will check my recordings tomorrow (God is that the time...today).

Ok,I have a pair of recordings every date up until the 7th, just a single recording.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on January 12, 2016, 09:55:38 PM

Have you checked that the recordings that get made with just dates as titles aren't the missing recordings?

Well, I have no way of knowing if the metadata is correct or not (showing the right episode) but there are definitely three episodes missing so far
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 13, 2016, 02:20:49 AM

Ok,I have a pair of recordings every date up until the 7th, just a single recording.

Well, there were definitely two on the 7th as well.  The eps due for this week are
2-11   The Darryl Dawkins Dance
2-12   Cowboy Country
Cheers,
Judy