Missing recordings

Started by Vortical, January 10, 2016, 04:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortical

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on January 12, 2016, 02:33:53 PM
Quote from: Vortical on January 10, 2016, 05:45:04 PM
I think I'm gonna give icetv a little while to see if this missing recordings trend continues before I pull the plug, if I have to monitor everything like a hawk I may as well just do it manually without paying for icetv.

Your Topfield is only updating from IceTV during the same few hours each day. It's as if it turns on to record a few prime-time shows, then turns itself off until someone comes home at midnight and watches TV/recordings for a few hours. Or vice versa.

Basically it is not turned on in the afternoons when late scheduling changes or guide updates would be available.

If the Topfield is on 24/7 then maybe your Internet or WiFi network are not alive 24/7.
Dave

Firstly thanks for the reply

Now in response to your assumptions

My Topfield is always in Standby and generally always switches itself on and off each day without any user intervention till mid to very late in the evening.
The Topfield is hard wired via Ethernet and there hasn't been any loss in my internet connection at the times recordings should have taken place

Internet Connection History
08 Jan 2016 around 12noon to 12 Jan 2016 4 days, 51 minutes, 6 seconds
09 Dec 2015 to  08 Jan 2016 around 12noon 29 days, 18 hours, 56 minutes

The PVR had around 95GB of free space so space should not have been an issue.

Now let me elaborate a bit more on the common timers each day and it'll make no sense as to why any of the timers/recordings did not take place.

Each weekday my wife wants me to record Bold & the Beautiful and Neighbours  ::)

These shows have pretty rock solid time slots of 16:30 for Bold & the Beautiful and 18:30 for Neighbours so only a 2 hour time difference between the two shows. It is extremely rare for there to be a timeslot change with these 2 shows.

Bold & the Beautiful recorded on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th January 2016
Neighbours only recorded on the 4th, 5th & 7th January 2016 (missed recordings on the 6th & 8th)

So you can understand my confusion at how there would be any change after 16:30 for Neighbours to simply not record

I knew that they had been sent to my pvr as I was away on holidays till the 3rd Jan and was double checking for the solid red circles under My Week in the iceTV website on my iPhone & iPad up until just before I came back.

Once I was back I double checked all the timers were there on the pvr just to be sure.

The only ones that may not have been there at that point were ones 3-4 days ahead but I kept checking to make sure by logging into the 2460 pvr webpage to check reservations while I was streaming recordings late at night during the week, but I never checked the recordings actually occurred or if any of the files existed till my wife asked me where they were.

As for the 2nd Goldbergs episode on the 7th I don't know what happened there unless there was a scheduling change so only one recording was made, but there are normally always two on Thursday evenings and I'm pretty sure there was 2 in the iceguide for the 7th January 2016. Neighbours recorded on the 7th at 18:30 so should have picked up late changes if they even existed.

In any case so far so good everything is working this week. It's just very frustrating with all the changes that happened when skippa was introduced that messed with the way other pvr's worked and the staff changeover after the icetv resurrection has still does not seem to be back to what it was when Madeline was active on here.

We rely on IceTV to be rock solid for timers and guide accuracy (which is all we essentially pay for) and it had been rock solid for years and years for me with the once in a blue moon issue. I've had more issues since skippa was introduced than I have in my entire time using IceTV back around 2008 right up to mid 2015.

tonymy01

Looks like we are all missing the second Goldbergs on the 7th!
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Tezza007

I also have only 1 Goldbergs episode from the 7th

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 13, 2016, 10:02:21 AM
Looks like we are all missing the second Goldbergs on the 7th!

Our system shows that Seven didn't air a second episodes of The Goldbergs on the 7th (which would have been season 2 episode 10) and instead Seven aired a repeat of a certain documentary that had high ratings the last 2 times it was on. Whether that's correct or not I don't know (and have no way checking without a tardis).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Vortical

The neighbours recording failures are a complete mystery.  ???

Dave are there any logs on my account between 4th & 8th January 2016 to see if my 2460 had some hissyfit with receiving the Neighbours timers?

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on January 13, 2016, 02:51:38 PM

Our system shows that Seven didn't air a second episodes of The Goldbergs on the 7th (which would have been season 2 episode 10) and instead Seven aired a repeat of a certain documentary that had high ratings the last 2 times it was on. Whether that's correct or not I don't know (and have no way checking without a tardis).

So, then the question becomes, what episodes will be showing tomorrow?  (sorry, looking at the time, today)  Will they be showing ep 10 & 11?

Also, in my case I am missing others as well.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Tezza007

Tonights episodes are series 2, episodes 10 and 11 which fits in with what Dave said

csutak40

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 14, 2016, 12:48:49 PM
Tonights episodes are series 2, episodes 10 and 11 which fits in with what Dave said

Hmm.  Not according to this http://epguides.com/Goldbergs_2013/
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

OK.  I decided to go to the horses mouth and phoned Channel 7.   ;D  They tell me that "Dannydonniejoejonjordan" was definitely shown last week, as well as "The Most Handsome Boy On The Planet".  Will that do, instead of the Tardis?
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Vortical on January 14, 2016, 12:14:36 AM

Dave are there any logs on my account between 4th & 8th January 2016 to see if my 2460 had some hissyfit with receiving the Neighbours timers?

Everything looks normal at this end. Episode queued then scheduled as normal.

But there was no reply from your Topfield for the episodes for 31-Dec, 01-Jan, 04-Jan, 05-Jan and 06-Jan. It replied that the schedules for the 7th onwards were reserved okay.

Your Topfield also didn't reply back for your other shows' that were scheduled from the 1st to the 6th either.

Looks like a PVR hissyfit.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tonymy01

Quote from: csutak40 on January 14, 2016, 01:53:06 PM
OK.  I decided to go to the horses mouth and phoned Channel 7.   ;D  They tell me that "Dannydonniejoejonjordan" was definitely shown last week, as well as "The Most Handsome Boy On The Planet".
I didn't look at the recording duration, it was for an hour+ padding, not 30 mins+ padding, so we got both eps recorded anyway. I was scanning through and about half way, got a subtle one second of the intro music before an ad break. Seven blended the two eps together, cutting the intro of the second ep (thankfully not the pre intro bits). Pre intro was boxes and boxes of stuff in garage.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 14, 2016, 05:30:16 PM
OK.  I decided to go to the horses mouth and phoned Channel 7.   ;D  They tell me that "Dannydonniejoejonjordan" was definitely shown last week, as well as "The Most Handsome Boy On The Planet".
I didn't look at the recording duration, it was for an hour+ padding, not 30 mins+ padding, so we got both eps recorded anyway. I was scanning through and about half way, got a subtle one second of the intro music before an ad break. Seven blended the two eps together, cutting the intro of the second ep (thankfully not the pre intro bits). Pre intro was boxes and boxes of stuff in garage.

Excellent find Tony.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Vortical

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on January 14, 2016, 03:19:27 PM
Quote from: Vortical on January 14, 2016, 12:14:36 AM

Everything looks normal at this end. Episode queued then scheduled as normal.

But there was no reply from your Topfield for the episodes for 31-Dec, 01-Jan, 04-Jan, 05-Jan and 06-Jan. It replied that the schedules for the 7th onwards were reserved okay.

Your Topfield also didn't reply back for your other shows' that were scheduled from the 1st to the 6th either.

Looks like a PVR hissyfit.

Thanks for looking into it Dave, at least that offers some explanation as to what went wrong.

Not sure what I'll do if this Topfield 2460 starts becoming more problematic, it's usually pretty reliable, and my 7100HDPVRt is now retired.

csutak40

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 14, 2016, 05:30:16 PM

Thanks Tony.  Never thought to look at that!  This brings me to an OT question.  Can one edit the ts files (and save the edited version as ts again) to remove padding, ads etc?  Would that damage anything?
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on January 15, 2016, 06:31:28 PM
... This brings me to an OT question.  Can one edit the ts files (and save the edited version as ts again) to remove padding, ads etc?

Yes. The initial editing just creates a list of "leave this bit out on playback" instructions. That doesn't recover any space, but there's a pre-loaded plugin that can apply the edit list and cut the file size down.

See Movie Player (MEDIA from live TV), then MENU>Cut-list editor... and MENU>Execute cuts...

I don't think the editor allows you to cut out to a new file (as the old DP series editor did), so if you want to cut two episodes in one recording into two separate recordings, you have to make a copy first, then delete the bits you don't want in the two copies.

Bu it's all good for just removing padding and ads.

Quote from: csutak40 on January 15, 2016, 06:31:28 PMWould that damage anything?

I don't think so. I haven't heard any reports of it breaking.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing