IceTV timers set for and after Jan 1st are being incremented by 1 hour

Started by fastcars, December 27, 2015, 02:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Thanks Daniel, but under to quote Mr Fraser, life wasn't meant to be easy.  Seems (for mine) it is mostly fixed, but it seems Chl 31 is still out by an hour.  I don't understand how this is possible, but it is the case.
Before I noticed that, I also noticed that most of the random single timers have disappeared, but (again) not all of them.  In fact, I suspect that these are new ones.  There are only a few of them, but they are there, non the less.
Also (and I am not sure if this is a separate issue, or connected) I also have some  blank timers.  Agaun, not many...  The first one is today
I've made screen shots of them all, I have one too many, will attach it next post
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

P.S. to the previous post  ;)

Hmm.  To complicate matters.  Having another look at this screenshot, there is another timer for Channel 31, for Monday morning and that is not out by an hour!  Now I am really confused!

Incidentally, forgot to mention; my T4 has firmware dated 2015-12-23 01:50
Cheers,
Judy

prl

It looks like the problem has been fixed for me (Canberra  guide, Beyonwiz T4).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tjcurnow

All fixed for my T2 in Adelaide. Thanks Daniel, you can go back to being on holiday now ;)

Tim

raymondjpg

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 29, 2015, 01:49:09 PMIt seems like the recent (latest?) T series software has reset daylight saving time after the start of 2016. It is like it has forgotten that daylight savings has already started and is still in effect. Thus why QLD (and WA) people who don't have daylight savings are not experiencing the issue. It is the same result as the issue that occurred around the start of daylight saving time back in October.

Could you please clarify if this phenomenon, if caused by the "recent (latest?) T series software", applies to timers set in the T series from the OTA EPG? It doesn't look like it to me. If it doesn't, then should we perhaps suggest that the phenomenon is confined to timers set from the IceTV plugin?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

fastcars

I can confirm that all my IceTV scheduled timers are now ok.

Thanks Daniel and Dave @ IceTV for your resolution to this issue.

csutak40

Well, my weird problems remain.  Am I the only one left now with the missing and random single timers?
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on December 29, 2015, 07:29:09 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 29, 2015, 01:49:09 PMIt seems like the recent (latest?) T series software has reset daylight saving time after the start of 2016. It is like it has forgotten that daylight savings has already started and is still in effect. Thus why QLD (and WA) people who don't have daylight savings are not experiencing the issue. It is the same result as the issue that occurred around the start of daylight saving time back in October.

Could you please clarify if this phenomenon, if caused by the "recent (latest?) T series software", applies to timers set in the T series from the OTA EPG? It doesn't look like it to me. If it doesn't, then should we perhaps suggest that the phenomenon is confined to timers set from the IceTV plugin?

I don't know of any problem with DST in the latest Beyonwiz T series firmware (and by latest I mean the 2015-12-23 01:58 beta firmware): after all, they continued displaying the correct times for the EPG. Daniel's post about the problem and its fix reads to me that the problem was in the IceTV servers that provide the data to the Beyonwiz T series and that it was fixed by a fix on the servers. There was certainly no Beyonwiz firmware update that fixed the problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on December 30, 2015, 09:50:01 AMDaniel's post about the problem and its fix reads to me that the problem was in the IceTV servers that provide the data to the Beyonwiz T series and that it was fixed by a fix on the servers. There was certainly no Beyonwiz firmware update that fixed the problem.

Yes. That post does indicate to me that the problem was with the IceTV servers. Maybe it was posted while I was responding to the previous post by Dave at IceTV. Maybe it was already there. In any case Dave's post was what alarmed me. As it happens there would appear to be no problem with the Beyonwiz firmware update nor any need to fix a problem that did not exist at the BW end.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

digmans

Tezza007

Quote from: simoncasey on December 29, 2015, 12:02:50 PM
It doesn't seem to be an issue in WA as I'm sure tezza would have posted by now.

Huh? wah? Did I miss something?   ;D

mkwilson

Quote from: prl on December 30, 2015, 09:50:01 AM

I don't know of any problem with DST in the latest Beyonwiz T series firmware (and by latest I mean the 2015-12-23 01:58 beta firmware): after all, they continued displaying the correct times for the EPG. Daniel's post about the problem and its fix reads to me that the problem was in the IceTV servers that provide the data to the Beyonwiz T series and that it was fixed by a fix on the servers. There was certainly no Beyonwiz firmware update that fixed the problem.
Yeh. I hadn't updated the firmware on my T4 for a week or two, so I didn't have the 23/12/15 FW, but I did have the IceTv scheduling problem. And, it was fixed when Daniel and the guys changed stuff at the IceTv end.

prl

I think the attribution above should be:
Quote from: mkwilson on January 01, 2016, 10:22:33 AM
Quote from: prl on December 30, 2015, 09:50:01 AM

Yeh. I hadn't updated the firmware on my T4 for a week or two, so I didn't have the 23/12/15 FW, but I did have the IceTv scheduling problem. And, it was fixed when Daniel and the guys changed stuff at the IceTv end.

;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

I think I have sort of figured something out, but not being a programmer, I don't understand the reason.
If you look at this post of mine
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/general-discussions/1/icetv-timers-set-for-and-after-jan-1st-are-being-incremented-by-1-hour/4899/msg25850#msg25850  the first screen shot there, there is a timer there that  is an hour out.

I have since deleted that timer manually, as that  was the only way I could get the correct timer to generate (disabling and  re-enabling the IceTV plug in didn't fix it.

Sooo,  looking at "MyWeek" I noticed that I still have random timers.  I  made a screen shot (edited, only leaving the random timers) then went to check on the t4 to see if these timers are there.

That's when I discovered something.

The random  timers correspond with a problem on the T4 (there being two timers for the one show, one  being an hour out)  In the second instance, the  random timer remains, even though I have manually deleted the wrong timer from the T4.  In fact, in that instance, the correct timer refused to generate until I manually deleted the incorrect one, which is not the case with the Saturday timer (see attached)

So, I hope that someone with more knowledge than I have can understand the reason for this and if there is a fix.  Sure, I can delete the second timer again, but I still don't understand what causes the random timers and how to get rid of those
Cheers,
Judy