Coming Soon Useless

Started by Tezza007, December 13, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezza007

Sorry, I remembered the 30 years as 30 shows  :P

For me I can't think of a single old show I'd wanna watch. I was a mad MASH fan, never missed an episode, now I cringe when I see the poor quality and quickly jump ahead. Same goes for Black Adder, a masterpiece that I cannot re-watch. I prefer to remember the old shows as flawless rather than the rubbish they are now compared to modern stuff

Yes, the part-time work experience kid seems to have added a tiny fraction of the new shows that the networks have announced and reduced the old dates to only 3

Tezza007

Hmmm, which one should I record from Coming Soon?

New Show ABC New Year's Special   Coming soon  or

New Show New Year's Eve   Thu, 31 Dec 2015  ABC or

New Show New Year's Eve: Family Fireworks  Thu, 31 Dec 2015  ABC

New Show New Year's Eve: Family Spectacular  Thu, 31 Dec 2015  ABC

The 2 fireworks shows are actually on

csutak40

Quote from: Tezza007 on December 27, 2015, 12:53:59 PM
Hmmm, which one should I record from Coming Soon?

New Show ABC New Year's Special   Coming soon  or

New Show New Year's Eve   Thu, 31 Dec 2015  ABC or

New Show New Year's Eve: Family Fireworks  Thu, 31 Dec 2015  ABC

New Show New Year's Eve: Family Spectacular  Thu, 31 Dec 2015  ABC

The 2 fireworks shows are actually on

Yeah, I noticed that.  ;D Also noticed that there is no mention of the new X Files that, according to 10, is coming soon  :P
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tonymy01

"The Family Law" advertised on SBS for January 16 ,a comedy about recent Asian immigrants and the adverts look like it will be amusing, isn't showing in coming soon either..
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Tezza007

I posted a big list of new announced shows and returning shows and stated that there were over 110 announced by the networks, but they've only listed less than 10 of those

They finally got the hint and got rid of the 18 year old Sex and the City which I don't think has ever been off air in those 18 years

Tezza007

Still listed as Coming Soon but without a start date, despite being about to air a second episode:

Blood + Thunder: The Sound Of Alberts

fastcars

The first episode was on last night on the ABC @ 21:00

Tezza007

Yet it's still in Coming Soon without a date

raymondjpg

A minor quibble about "Inside Men" showing from next Tuesday on ABC. I don't think it has been screened on FTA TV in Australia, but it appears to have been screened by UKTV in 2012. If it is the same series that I had just about forgotten originally screened by BBC1 in 2012, then the IceTV Guide showing it as (Australia, English) is wrong. Like Silent Witness screening at the same time on GEM (ACT Guide) it should read (United Kingdom, English).
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tezza007

Thanks for the heads up. I musta missed it in Coming Soon  ::)

simoncasey

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 01, 2016, 06:54:35 PM
This is the kind of thing that should be flagged in coming soon. A high rating, first run show at prime time on one of the main channels.

It's getting better, but there is still some ways to go.

Also, I doubt IceTV are reading this topic any more. So it may be worth starting a new topic for new shows, as much for other users as for IceTV.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tezza007 on January 01, 2016, 06:54:35 PM

I have resorted to scanning the EPG from time to time otherwise I would have missed it. What piqued my interest at first was that it was flagged, at the end of the description but apparently in error, as an Australian drama.

Quote from: simoncasey on January 01, 2016, 08:07:22 PMThis is the kind of thing that should be flagged in coming soon. A high rating, first run show at prime time on one of the main channels.

The 2012 BBC1 production was not preceded by an earlier series, neither was there any sequel, so no chance of it being in people's My Shows lists and I agree it is the kind of thing that I would like to be able to rely on seeing in Coming Soon and What's On This Week.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tezza007

I religiously scan the online TV Guide every morning, it's the only way I can be sure I'm not missing something new, returning or wrongly flagged as a repeat or Premiere

I've found What's On This Week to be more useless than Coming Soon. To me, it seems to be what some geriatric old fart wants to watch