Coming Soon Useless

Started by Tezza007, December 13, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Plaudits for getting the final four episodes of Inspector Montalbano into "Coming Soon" but brickbats for not featuring it in "What's On This Week". Instead we had "Two versions of an old classic [OK it is Christmas Week], some modern movie classics [If classics then aren't they likely to be repeats?], some opinions, some laughs, some songs, some food, a pageant and lots of magic, in various forms, fill our screens [well probably not mine] this week." Where's the (not seen before) drama? Montalbano, like Wallander, is celebrated enough to have inspired a tourist industry!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on December 21, 2015, 03:28:15 PM
... Wallander, is celebrated enough to have inspired a tourist industry!
Really? It always seems to be a quite dismal round Ystad on Wallander. Not to mention a murder rate to match that of County Midsomer. :D
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on December 21, 2015, 05:27:54 PMNot to mention a murder rate to match that of County Midsomer. :D

Nothing to match that. I am trying very hard to point out, politely, that there is quality TV around that is consistently escaping the attention of whoever puts together What's On This Week.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Paul55

Quote from: prl on December 21, 2015, 05:27:54 PM
......a murder rate to match that of County Midsomer. :D

I think the island of Saint Marie would be the most dangerous place to visit  8) :o

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on December 21, 2015, 06:02:21 PM
... I am trying very hard to point out, politely, that there is quality TV around that is consistently escaping the attention of whoever puts together What's On This Week.

I can't disagree with that. Even in Coming Soon, I think that Montalbano is about the only new drama with an assigned start date. As rusted-on fans, we already had a series recording set from earlier series. :)

Curiously, though, Coming Soon is now overwhelmingly SBS, despite grumbles earlier in the topic about it be overwhelmed by fluff on 9Life. Not that much of the SBS stuff there isn't fluff, but I guess that's the non-ratings season for you.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 21, 2015, 06:24:18 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on December 21, 2015, 06:02:21 PM
... I am trying very hard to point out, politely, that there is quality TV around that is consistently escaping the attention of whoever puts together What's On This Week.

I can't disagree with that. Even in Coming Soon, I think that Montalbano is about the only new drama with an assigned start date. As rusted-on fans, we already had a series recording set from earlier series. :)

Curiously, though, Coming Soon is now overwhelmingly SBS, despite grumbles earlier in the topic about it be overwhelmed by fluff on 9Life. Not that much of the SBS stuff there isn't fluff, but I guess that's the non-ratings season for you.

Hopefully the new series of The Returned will get a mention when it starts in 2 weeks. 

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on December 21, 2015, 06:38:47 PMHopefully the new series of The Returned will get a mention when it starts in 2 weeks.

I think I've probably said enough to make my point but at this stage I cannot even see the new series of The Returned in Coming Soon. At least poor old Salvo had a head start there.

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on December 21, 2015, 06:53:08 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 21, 2015, 06:38:47 PMHopefully the new series of The Returned will get a mention when it starts in 2 weeks.

I think I've probably said enough to make my point but at this stage I cannot even see the new series of The Returned in Coming Soon. ...

But wouldn't having it there be just what some people have been complaining about: The Returned SBS2 22:45 Sat 26 Dec: (S.1,Ep.1) (From France, in French) (Drama Series) (Rpt) M(S,A,V) [from SBS guide]

The IceTV guide has it (correctly) as repeats, too.

:(

But why is the title of some episodes "The Returned (2012)" and for others just "The Returned"?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 21, 2015, 07:07:08 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on December 21, 2015, 06:53:08 PM

I think I've probably said enough to make my point but at this stage I cannot even see the new series of The Returned in Coming Soon. ...

But wouldn't having it there be just what some people have been complaining about: The Returned SBS2 22:45 Sat 26 Dec: (S.1,Ep.1) (From France, in French) (Drama Series) (Rpt) M(S,A,V) [from SBS guide]

The IceTV guide has it (correctly) as repeats, too.

:(

But why is the title of some episodes "The Returned (2012)" and for others just "The Returned"?

New series starts in 2 weeks, so hopefully it will appear then. I wasn't expecting it yet, it's not Agent Carter.

Tezza007

IceTV staff only need to look at their own New Shows thread to find heaps of stuff to populate Coming Soon. People are posting, but it's being ignored

prl

Quote from: Tezza007 on December 22, 2015, 11:53:02 AM
... People are posting, but it's being ignored
Two people have posted new content there in the last three weeks, both of them today.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on December 22, 2015, 12:03:06 PMTwo people have posted new content there in the last three weeks, both of them today.

I count three over the past month, much of which (if not all) appears to have been ignored. I think that is the main point of the comment. Perhaps, but for apparently ignoring the posts, more might have contributed to the thread, although another point about IceTV MkII is that folks would prefer to see Ice maintaining Coming Soon for the information of its subscribers and not vice versa.

simoncasey

IceTV staff only need to look at their own New Shows thread to find heaps of stuff to populate Coming Soon. People are posting, but it's being ignored

But that's the mythical New Shows list that doesn't exist anymore and was replaced by Coming Soon  :-\

Paul55

Quote from: raymondjpg on December 22, 2015, 12:18:24 PM
another point about IceTV MkII is that folks would prefer to see Ice maintaining Coming Soon for the information of its subscribers and not vice versa.

I may be in the minority, but my main priority is the EPG being as accurate as possible. I don't think this task is as easy as many assume and hopefully, the recent disruptions will soon be behind us.

csutak40

Quote from: prl on December 22, 2015, 12:03:06 PM
... People are posting, but it's being ignored
Two people have posted new content there in the last three weeks, both of them today.

I did mention Molly that I keep seeing advertised and another one I can't remember now :-)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,