Coming Soon Useless

Started by Tezza007, December 13, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

On the other hand, I'd like to applaud the updating of the Android app's Recommendations for the coming week, even though, with only four entries, it's a bit thin.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tezza007

Couldn't pay me to watch either, but both should have been in coming soon
Good to see they got rid of a lot
Still a 43 year old John Lennon concert there

Mantorok

Another one I think should be removed from the Coming Soon list is "In The Flesh".  There are only 2 seasons of this show which have both aired on SBS.  According to Wikipedia there won't be a 3rd season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Flesh_(TV_series)

simoncasey

Quote from: Mantorok on December 18, 2015, 04:15:02 PM
Another one I think should be removed from the Coming Soon list is "In The Flesh".  There are only 2 seasons of this show which have both aired on SBS.  According to Wikipedia there won't be a 3rd season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Flesh_(TV_series)

And the repeats aren't even coming soon. They are already being shown at the moment.

Mantorok

Wow, that was quick...it's already been removed!

John

simoncasey

Some proactivity would be nice rather than waiting for users to post.

Hot property, Domestic Blitz, Wilfred are all currently running as repeats. I don't think there are any new shows coming soon? Maybe we haven't seen all of the US Wilfreds, but the Aussie one is old now.

This was just like The Block Glasshouse, ie an old show currently in rerun being shown as Coming Soon. So it's wrong in two ways.

Rowdy

Why should Coming Soon be restricted to new shows?

Surely it is an indication of upcoming shows which some of us may not have seen yet.

Topfield 5000, 2400, Skippa

simoncasey

Quote from: Rowdy on December 18, 2015, 06:01:19 PM

Surely it is an indication of upcoming shows which some of us may not have seen yet.

I agree, that is a debatable point. Maybe there is a time where if a show hasn't been on for a while, then it is warranted as coming soon when it goes into rerun. However, that would account for nearly every show on 9Life and all of the other repeat channels so where do you draw the line?

My point was as much to do with the fact that the shows I listed that are flagged as coming soon are actually currently being broadcast.

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on December 18, 2015, 06:13:45 PM
My point was as much to do with the fact that the shows I listed that are flagged as coming soon are actually currently being broadcast.
That's by no means new, and certainly predates IceTV II.

Similarly with shows being marked in the list as "Coming soon" for a long time before being broadcast (as is the case for Agent Carter in the present list). I'm not sure why the latter really bothers anyone. I've had Agent Carter marked to record for ages :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 18, 2015, 06:31:39 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 18, 2015, 06:13:45 PM
That's by no means new, and certainly predates IceTV II.
I've never seen that before. Certainly shows appear with a start date and hang around for a week or so, but then you see when it started so that's a good thing. But these are shows that are flagged as Coming soon in the same way as Agent Carter, but in fact they started in rerun a few weeks ago. So its too late anyway.

QuoteSimilarly with shows being marked in the list as "Coming soon" for a long time before being broadcast (as is the case for Agent Carter in the present list). I'm not sure why the latter really bothers anyone. I've had Agent Carter marked to record for ages :)
Yes, me too - ie it doesn't bother me and I've set it to record.

Dave at IceTV

Exactly. All this complaining about repeats being listed in coming soon is missing the purpose of the coming soon section. It is not "New Shows Coming Soon". It is for listing popular or interesting old and new shows that are airing soon and are worthy of a mention.

Coming Soon has always listed "new shows and returning shows". It is not just for new shows. A highly acclaimed movie from the '60s can be included regardless of whether it's been on before or not.

Series listed in coming soon usually don't get removed until a couple of weeks after they have started airing so people who missed the first episode or two can still discover that they are on.

Coming Soon has never listed every new show as there are too many to list them all. Instead it lists shows that we think people will find interesting or are rating well overseas.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Except that real "coming soon" shows, that are being advertised on TV as "coming soon" are NOT on the list  (Molly on 7 comes to mind)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: prl on December 18, 2015, 06:31:39 PM

Similarly with shows being marked in the list as "Coming soon" for a long time before being broadcast (as is the case for Agent Carter in the present list). I'm not sure why the latter really bothers anyone. I've had Agent Carter marked to record for ages :)

Well, now you've done it!  ;D  Agent Carter has been removed from the list!  I just went to check it out, to see why everybody is so interested in it (as much as I try to reduce, not increase the number of shows I record as the Man In Charge refuses to make the days longer than 24 hours)  So, I now have no idea what was so special about the elusive Agent Carter  :P   

Ooh, just had a bit of a look...  looks interesting.  Seems it started last January, second season is about to start
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on December 18, 2015, 08:04:44 PM...
Well, now you've done it! ;D  Agent Carter has been removed from the list!
Sorry!  :o

Quote from: csutak40 on December 18, 2015, 08:04:44 PM...
Ooh, just had a bit of a look...  looks interesting.  Seems it started last January, second season is about to start
You can still schedule it in advance by searching for it in the guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use