Started by Tezza007, December 13, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezza007

It has 10 to 70 year old multi-repeated movies
It listed every copy cat lifestyle show know to man when Channel 9 re-jigged
But it omits Premiere shows like Amy Schumer and Funny As on ABC2 tonight
This happens regularly

John

Hi Tezza007  we seem to get a lot of complaints and it is difficult to know what to change based on your comment. If I had the coming soon list changed to include just the two shows you mention it would be a pretty short list. Unfortunately we do not have any say in what the commercial channels decide to air and the 9 rejig has caused a lot of work for shows that it is hard to imagine anyone would bother watching. Could you be more specific and give me a list of the shows that would have been useful for you to have in the Coming Soon Listing?

prl

While Funny As isn't in the Coming Soon list, it did make it to the What's on This Weekend on Friday.

But then last weekend's What's on This Weekend listed a repeat of Undeniable.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

I think all of the new lifestyle shows should be there but I assume it will calm down shortly. The main issue is missing new seasons of new or returning shows on the main channels during prime time.

Also as prl points out. Funny as made it to this weekends recommendations but surely that would prompt it to appear in coming soon.

I also don't think repeats of old movies really warrant a coming soon. In fact, I can't see why any show that is a repeat should appear in coming soon.

But whatever you are doing differently now isn't working. Coming soon was the first place I always opened when planning a week's TV. Currently it's not really reliable enough to use as the primary source.

prl

I know that all the IceFolk have a big task still to just keep the basics running, but I'd also like to put in a word for having "Recommendations" working again in the app. My memory of it when it was working was that it had overlapping, but different, content from the "What's on" emails.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 13, 2015, 03:24:36 PM
I know that all the IceFolk have a big task still to just keep the basics running, but I'd also like to put in a word for having "Recommendations" working again in the app. My memory of it when it was working was that it had overlapping, but different, content from the "What's on" emails.

I think it was updated 3 weeks ago after some prompting. I find the email more useful but have found it has some odd stuff on it at the moment.

Tezza007

Quote from: John on December 13, 2015, 01:51:34 PM
Hi Tezza007  we seem to get a lot of complaints and it is difficult to know what to change based on your comment. If I had the coming soon list changed to include just the two shows you mention it would be a pretty short list. Unfortunately we do not have any say in what the commercial channels decide to air and the 9 rejig has caused a lot of work for shows that it is hard to imagine anyone would bother watching. Could you be more specific and give me a list of the shows that would have been useful for you to have in the Coming Soon Listing?
Easy  ;D
Don't include repeats [such as old movies]
Do include new shows [such as Funny As and Amy Schumer]
I didn't say to only include those 2 shows, I was pointing out that you DIDN'T include them whilst you had old repeat rubbish
I agree with your comment about the "new" 9 shows, but they were sorta new, whilst the old movies aren't
Include return [new season, not repeat] series. You partially do so now
Like prl said, Coming soon is also my first port of call every morning, but if I also didn't check the daily guide I would've missed those 2 new shows tonight and several in the past week
There's a few there also that have been in the list for I'm sure more than 6 months, such as Agent Carter
I'm sure things will get better  ::)

simoncasey

I'm so desperate to see if Agent Carter is any good advice had a series recording for it for 6 months.

csutak40

I just had a look at thee list and I am pretty sure that someone should go through them all.  I just noticed "The Block:Glasshouse"  That was on a few years ago (not sure which year, but definitely not this year) so it is definitely not "coming soon"  I wonder how many more like that are on the list?

OTOH, I happen to know  (as they have an ad on every 5 minutes) that My Kitchen Rules is "coming soon", should someone be interested in watching it.

I suppose, the point is, regardless of what we may think of a particular show, if it is something new, it should be listed - someone may be interested
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Tezza007

A definite +1 to them cleaning it out

Get rid of all those old movies
The Block Glasshouse
RPM moment - these are just cut down repeats

Any more to add?

Mozi

According to the adds, these are "Coming Soon" and would be worthwhile to have listed on IceTV:

"Wanted" Mini Series with and by Rebecca Gibney. Wanted will air on Seven in February 2016

"Molly" Mini Series about Ian "Molly" Meldrum on Seven some time early 2016

Thanks

prl

Quote from: Tezza007 on December 14, 2015, 12:19:42 PM
A definite +1 to them cleaning it out

Get rid of all those old movies
The Block Glasshouse
RPM moment - these are just cut down repeats

Any more to add?
I'm currently not seeing any movies, old or new, in either the Web or the Android app Coming Soon lists (ACT Canberra Guide). The Block and RPM aren't in the Coming Soon lists I see, either.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

simoncasey

Looks like some tidying up has been done.

mkwilson

I'm all for affirmative action, but including the Women's Big Bash Cricket in the 'Coming Soon' list (Sat 19 Dec) and excluding the commencement of the Men's Big Bash Cricket (Thu 17 December) is being a little too proactive :)

prl

Quote from: mkwilson on December 14, 2015, 03:15:55 PM
I'm all for affirmative action, but including the Women's Big Bash Cricket in the 'Coming Soon' list (Sat 19 Dec) and excluding the commencement of the Men's Big Bash Cricket (Thu 17 December) is being a little too proactive :)

They're being completely even-handed - Women's Big Bash in Coming Soon, and the men's Twenty/20 Big Bash in What's on This Week.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use