9HD has issues on my Topfield

Started by Heideho, December 11, 2015, 11:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heideho

Hello

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but. I recorded a program for my daughter on 9HD a couple of days ago on my Topfield TF7100. Discovered when she watched it that we can't pause or fast forward the recording. This seems to be specific to this channel as I tried recording something else and got the same result. I can pause it live and timeshift however. Is there something special about this channel that causes this? Do I need a Firmware update? Can't imagine that will be happening. Any assistance is appreciated. Not sure where to start with this one.
Brisbane

Paul55

Quote from: Heideho on December 11, 2015, 11:06:16 PM
Hello

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but. I recorded a program for my daughter on 9HD a couple of days ago on my Topfield TF7100. Discovered when she watched it that we can't pause or fast forward the recording. This seems to be specific to this channel as I tried recording something else and got the same result. I can pause it live and timeshift however. Is there something special about this channel that causes this? Do I need a Firmware update? Can't imagine that will be happening. Any assistance is appreciated. Not sure where to start with this one.

This has been reported as happening on 9HD - maybe it also occurs on the racing channel (78) but nobody has reported it. Apparently, Topfield are looking at a firmware fix.
In the meantime, skipping still works reasonably well. Pausing can be simulated with the Quickplay app or by applying a setting in the setup menu that resumes play from last viewed after a stop.

Heideho

Thanks. We have found the resume from previous point does work. Will be a real nuisance if other channels start doing this too.
Brisbane

IanL-S

There is an extended discussion of this problem on the Topfield Australia Forum: http://topfield.forumchitchat.com/post/nine-network-reorganisation-of-lcns-and-sbs-food-network-7787746?pid=1290116691

I have not had this problem with any of my Toppys. At one point there was a suspicion that it was restricted to some regions, but there are now reports of it happening in Melbourne (where I am located).

Ian

PS I assume that it is a TF7100HDPVRt Plus - the TF7100HDPVRt is MEPG2 only; and 9HD is MPEG4.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Heideho

That's the model. I had hoped to replace both of my Topfields (same model) with the Skippa but I've found the DLNA on the Skippa very unreliable and it either doesn't display a recording at all or mislabels it so I'm still using one of the Topfields.
Brisbane

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Heideho on December 12, 2015, 12:37:13 PM
I had hoped to replace both of my Topfields (same model) with the Skippa but I've found the DLNA on the Skippa very unreliable and it either doesn't display a recording at all or mislabels it so I'm still using one of the Topfields.

Are you streaming the Skippa's recordings to other devices, or are you using the Skippa to play videos that are stored on other devices?

If the Skippa is showing mislabelled videos that are on a media server on your network then it is the media server that is mislabelling the videos. If the Skippa's own media server is presenting it's recordings mislabelled to other network media players then it is the Skippa that's mislabelling the shows.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Heideho

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 12, 2015, 01:40:50 PM
Are you streaming the Skippa's recordings to other devices, or are you using the Skippa to play videos that are stored on other devices?

Hello Dave. This is the Skippa that is not playing well. I had 2 Topfields in different rooms and ended up watching in one room but the program I wanted was recorded in the other room. I hoped to replace both of these with the Skippa and watch anywhere from the one box. Skippa fails to show some recordings through DLNA to my TVs (Sony Bravias). I've had some success using my Pioneer Blu-Ray to play SKippa recordings but Skippa is still hiding some recorded programs even from that. I received the Ice TV email ad this week and wondered about maybe getting the Beyonwiz to replace the Skippa but wasn't sure if it would be better or similar.
Brisbane

IanL-S

I suspect you may have similar issues with the Beyonwiz.

The failure to list the recordings may be because they are not recognised as valid MPEG2 ts files by the DLNA Player. This is caused by the original transmission failing to fully comply with the MPEG2 ts specification (a common occurrence in Australia). Some devices are more tolerant of the non-compliance than others. If this is the cause, then you may well be able to access the recordings using the DLNA Player on the Toppys (assuming they are models that support DLNA). Toppys that support DLNA include the TRF-2400/2460/2470/5300/5310/5320 and TF-T6000/6211.

Hope this helps.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Heideho

Nothing that sophisticated in the Toppies. I have wondered about Plex possibly being able to run in the Skippa and help the distribution but I have no experience with Plex so just curious about it for the moment until I can do some more research.
Brisbane