Favourite genre: tag not working at all in My Week

Started by dwids, December 09, 2015, 02:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwids

I have a Favourite of 'genre:sci-fi', but nothing is coming up in My Week, even though - for example - The Host is listed in the IceTV TV Guide tab as being on Sunday at 8:30 and tagged as "sci-fi".  In fact no genre: values are working, but Series Related Preferences (i.e. program names) are. Ta.

tonymy01

I have that same keyword (rather than favourite) setup also and have never seen it work (IceTV#1 or IceTV-resurrected).  What I mean by never, is I suspsect there is a lot of sci-fi on, some of which I definitely have setup as series recording, but I am sure there are plenty of movies, SBS etc, that are sci-fi genre that my PVRs don't record.   I don't actively look for it, just hoping that this keyword would pick up some interesting stuff from time to time.   Now you mention about your issue, I thought I would throw in my 10cents that I probably am seeing the same problem.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

dwids

Ok, I've tried a myriad of ways to get a Keyword Favourite to stick and it wont. That is Preferences Based On Selection-Terms of 'war' and 'genre:war' show 'hits' during the Preview step of the Wizard (to create them) but NOTHING in My Week. Can IceTV please confirm this is broken or that I'm doing something wrong? Thanks.

dwids

Been a while :-). Was this ever fixed? Can you use this with the free service? Thanks.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Talk about a blast from the past, but I have just tested this and it works fine.

Keyword favourites can be used on free accounts.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dwids

Hello hello. Yes it's been ages. Thanks for this, but I can't get it to work on the free account.
I have added a Keyword Favourite with  genre:War genre:Movie
There's a War Movie on 2:00pm  Sunday 16th Sept on 9GEM called  Ice Cold In Alex (1958). It has tags of Movie and War.

But it doesn't show up in My Week on the website or on the phone.   Can you please check? Have I got the Keywords wrong ? - I used the Wizard to build it.

Ta!

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi dwids,

It looks like your account was never actually converted across to being a free account, it was just an expired paid account (and keywords are not processed on expired accounts).

I have converted it across now and the correct movies have been highlighted.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dwids

Aha, thank you Daniel. I can confirm it's now working on the web site and the Android app.