Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

I'm not sure this has been resolved.

In the icetv app I have for next Tuesday I have
8.40 Silent Witness (2001) - Two Below Zero marked as a repeat
9.50 Silent Witness - Two Below Zero (Part 2) marked as a first run

One of these must be wrong.

prl

I don't think John said he'd resolved it.

I'm still seeing part 2 as a first run, too (Canberra IceGuide).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Same here in Melbourn; the first part is shown as a repeat and the second is not.

Speculation: The ABC originally showed it in one part rather than in two parts, and the IceTV data base therefore picked up the first as a repeat but not the second. The algorithm needs a bit of tweaking.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on December 09, 2015, 06:37:46 PM
Same here in Melbourn; the first part is shown as a repeat and the second is not.

Speculation: The ABC originally showed it in one part rather than in two parts, and the IceTV data base therefore picked up the first as a repeat but not the second. The algorithm needs a bit of tweaking.

Ian

When I originally posted this, I hadn't checked to see when these were made.  Now that I see how old these are, there is absolutely no doubt that they are repeats
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 09, 2015, 06:19:57 PM
I don't think John said he'd resolved it.

I'm still seeing part 2 as a first run, too (Canberra IceGuide).

No, but I assumed if he'd had time to write a 3 para response then there should have been an opportunity to set the repeat flag for the second episode.

In terms of your comment about only recording on abc, I note that in the similar posts section below there is a 2012 post about gem showing silent witness repeats so you may have done it then.

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on December 09, 2015, 11:59:01 PM
In terms of your comment about only recording on abc, I note that in the similar posts section below there is a 2012 post about gem showing silent witness repeats so you may have done it then.

Quite likely.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

John

Hi prl  the check we do is to see if it had been aired on any of the channels we supply to the guide so this covers all ABC and commercial channels. I guess it could have slipped through without an episode at some stage but i have no way of working this out.

prl

Hi, John.

I realise that, but no matter whether "Two Below Zero" has been shown before on Australian FTA TV, the current situation where the first half of "Two Below Zero" on Gem is flagged as a repeat, but the second half is flagged as a first run is surely wrong.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

John

Hi prl I agree with you and I had already changed the flag so they are both repeats.

IanL-S

To add to the confusion, I just noticed that 9Gem were adverting the episodes shown this week as being "new".

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

simoncasey

Quote from: IanL-S on December 11, 2015, 04:10:13 PM
To add to the confusion, I just noticed that 9Gem were adverting the episodes shown this week as being "new".

Ian

They could argue that everything on 9Gem must be new.  The previous shows were shown on GEM. :)

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on December 11, 2015, 04:10:13 PM

Ian

They have always done this.  It is "new" to GEM.   ::)  That is what's good about IceTV (or was) that they knew if a show has been shown previously, regardless of which channel.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

It's back! IceTV (ACT) is showing Silent Witness "The Fall Out (2002)", Parts 1 and 2, GEM Tue 29 Dec, 21:10 and 22:20 as being first run. They're surely not: the episodes really are from 2002, and I recall the plot from seeing them. Yahoo7's guide doesn't have them marked as repeats, either, but I'm pretty sure they're wrong.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: prl on December 24, 2015, 12:42:35 PM
It's back! IceTV (ACT) is showing Silent Witness "The Fall Out (2002)", Parts 1 and 2, GEM Tue 29 Dec, 21:10 and 22:20 as being first run. They're surely not: the episodes really are from 2002, and I recall the plot from seeing them. Yahoo7's guide doesn't have them marked as repeats, either, but I'm pretty sure they're wrong.
It's been fixed now (at least in the ACT guide).

Thanks!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use