Main Menu

Free vs Paid

Started by ifndj, December 07, 2015, 07:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on December 08, 2015, 08:53:06 PM
Yes but you can change it as you mover around if you take your PVR with you. Only one region at a time,

Ian

I see, I thought he meant only one address :-)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Paul55

Quote from: IanL-S on December 08, 2015, 08:53:06 PM
Yes but you can change it as you mover around if you take your PVR with you. Only one region at a time,

The complication arises if you want to take a PVR with you and also leave one at home to continue recording your series, or have a second PVR in a holiday home that isn't in the same region - which would probably be the usual case for a holiday home.

Archer_11

Quote from: IanL-S on December 08, 2015, 03:38:39 PMI will continue to support IceTV as I cannot see how I can do what I currently do without it.

Agree. I remember the days of using a PVR with an FTA guide and missing episodes was a given. Point blank, the networks engage in unethical practices for $$$ and if they didn't Ice TV probably couldn't exist.

IceTV is not for everyone but the alternatives are either a lot more expensive (Foxtel, Fetch TV) or inferior by an order of magnitude. I genuinely struggle to see how FTA / Freeview EPG usage will provide better PVR recordings over time given it is provided by the same companies actively seeking to manipulate your viewing habits.