Blank title in timer

Started by simoncasey, December 02, 2015, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

Quote from: tonymy01 on December 14, 2015, 07:22:52 AM
Quote from: csutak40 on December 14, 2015, 12:29:49 AM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 13, 2015, 12:55:49 AM
Menu>Power>restart gui will do a restart. It's possible that the tidy up of the timer is done when the t3 shuts down rather than during the start up.
OK did that.  Made no difference.  Didn't think it would, as I have switched it off at the back a little while back and that didn't help either.  After doing that, just for the fun of it, I also disabled the IceTV plug-in, then re-enabled it and forced a new fetch.  Still the same blank timers (and they are still not blank in thee EPG
Switching it off at the back isn't a shut-down, it is an abrubt stop!  But perhaps Simon's suggestion of it tidying up on shut-down isn't the right answer anyway given your (well, our) experience is to the contrary.

Prl posted that the gui restart is the step that fixes up blank timers from the epg so doing it twice should fix it.

This means there seems to be another issue:
Is the title blank on the icetv server and therefore after the BW fills in the title, the icetv server blanks it again
Is the title not actually blank but has some invisible characters in it (maybe a space)
Is there some other error with the timer that prevents a gui restart from fixing it
Is there a problem with the epg that prevents the GUI restart from fixing it

Whatever the cause, it is hard to reproduce at will.

I will try setting up the same timers as Judy as I'm also in Melbourne and see if there is anything odd about them.

Judy, the blanks you have on 10 today. Did you set them up as series recordings, individual recordings from icetv, individual recordings from the epg or using keyword recordings?

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on December 14, 2015, 07:40:23 AM

I will try setting up the same timers as Judy as I'm also in Melbourne and see if there is anything odd about them.

Judy, the blanks you have on 10 today. Did you set them up as series recordings, individual recordings from icetv, individual recordings from the epg or using keyword recordings?

OK..  Attached is what it looks like ATM.  These are all series recordings, all from IceTV.  Just looked on the IceTV website at "MyWeek" they are definitely not blanks there.   Double checked on the EPG listings, not blank there either
Thanks very much for the help
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

P.S.  I looked at the rest of the week.  No  blanks for Tuesday at all.  Wednesday some more for 10.  However, for Thursday and Sunday there are other channels  (No blanks for Friday or Saturday)
Cheers,
Judy

simoncasey

I set up dr phil etc and don't have the blanks for today.

But I also found some big gaps in the epg. One that affects you is channel 9 on Sunday which is currently blank and corresponds to the blank title you have for the that time.

I also found a large blank epg for Sbs food from 1 pm in Wednesday.

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on December 14, 2015, 01:46:52 PM
I set up dr phil etc and don't have the blanks for today.

But I also found some big gaps in the epg. One that affects you is channel 9 on Sunday which is currently blank and corresponds to the blank title you have for the that time.

I also found a large blank epg for Sbs food from 1 pm in Wednesday.

Yeah, those are blank on mine too.  I didn't check them that far ahead, sorry
Cheers,
Judy