Blank title in timer

Started by simoncasey, December 02, 2015, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: simoncasey on December 03, 2015, 12:37:43 PM
Not sure what any of this has to do with blank titles appearing in IceTV timers.
It's a digression started when someone asked about how to do screenshots. If anyone is interested in following it up, it's probably best done in a separate topic, on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

Quote from: prl on December 03, 2015, 07:36:25 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 03, 2015, 12:37:43 PM
Not sure what any of this has to do with blank titles appearing in IceTV timers.
It's a digression started when someone asked about how to do screenshots. If anyone is interested in following it up, it's probably best done in a separate topic, on the Beyonwiz forum.

Yes, I agree. But also its a bit annoying that icetv support can comment on something that is specific to the T3 and completely unrelated to icetv and yet hasn't added any input to the actual topic which is an issue that affects icetv users directly.

kruzenvax

1. I have noticed that I'm also experiencing "blank" timers - mostly on Monday/Channel 10. They do not get resolved automatically -  e.g. today I have lost 3pm Judge Judy (the timer was pointing to this show but it didn't have a title and did not record). It is not the 1st time it i s happening.

2. Also noticed (not sure if related) - when I'm in Timer Edit/Info screen (Timers then OK on a timer entry) when I'm at 2 to fields (name and description) 2 panels appear on the left. The top one has the value for the field (e.g. text of the name or description) but the bottom one is full of "garbage" e.g. qwee1212 fjkjf83883 etc.

Would like to learn of there is a solution to 1. and if 2. is normal/related

Thanks

simoncasey

Quote from: kruzenvax on December 07, 2015, 07:49:23 PM
1. I have noticed that I'm also experiencing "blank" timers - mostly on Monday/Channel 10. They do not get resolved automatically -  e.g. today I have lost 3pm Judge Judy (the timer was pointing to this show but it didn't have a title and did not record). It is not the 1st time it i s happening.
Can you check that you don't have a recording with the just a date and time. Normally most people have ended up with a recording with the dodgy name, rather than no recording at all.

Also, I have posted elsewhere today, but a reboot of the T3 seems to repopulate the blank title, assuming that there is epg data.

Can you check to see if you have any current timers with blank titles.

kruzenvax

No, it does not like I have any recording - at least I don't see it in the list when I press "Media".

I have reloaded all IceTV timers since I have discovered the issue, so no "empty" timers at the moment. Next time I have an empty one I'll check if T4 reboot fixes that.

Thanks

simoncasey

Quote from: kruzenvax on December 07, 2015, 08:27:25 PM
No, it does not like I have any recording - at least I don't see it in the list when I press "Media".

I have reloaded all IceTV timers since I have discovered the issue, so no "empty" timers at the moment. Next time I have an empty one I'll check if T4 reboot fixes that.

Thanks

The reboot only seems to fix it if the epg data is there. So if you could, please check to see if there is actually epg data for the problem time.

kruzenvax

When I noticed an empty timer (no name or description) for Channel 10 3 pm today, I went to the EPG and the show name and description was there.

simoncasey

Quote from: kruzenvax on December 07, 2015, 09:08:15 PM
When I noticed an empty timer (no name or description) for Channel 10 3 pm today, I went to the EPG and the show name and description was there.
So you normally shut down your BW (ie deep standby) or do put in normal standby or leave it always on.

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on December 07, 2015, 08:00:50 PM

Can you check that you don't have a recording with the just a date and time. Normally most people have ended up with a recording with the dodgy name, rather than no recording at all.

Also, I have posted elsewhere today, but a reboot of the T3 seems to repopulate the blank title, assuming that there is epg data.

Can you check to see if you have any current timers with blank titles.
Well, you're not asking me, but I do have quite a few blank timers.  Mine seem to start on Thursday.  As it happens, I reloaded all the timers yesterday, it didn't fix the problem.  OTOH, I had a blank one (I know of) last week, but it seemed to record (with the correct title) anyway
I  am working with Dave about another problem, so I presumed this was my problem only, but it seems other people have blank timers too
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

simoncasey

Thanks Judy. A few questions:
Is your epg blank on those days or are the shows there?
Do you normally fully shutdown your BW or do you put it in standby or leave it on.
If the epg data is there for those timers, can you try restarting the BW and see if the timers get allocated a title.

kruzenvax

When I turn it off (Harmony 650) it goes to normal stand by. I have a sleep timer that puts it in deep standby (blue light only on the panel) after 30 minutes of inactivity  in normal stand by. So most of the day (when nobody is home) including 3 pm the unit spends in deep standby.

Does this answer the question?

Thanks

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on December 02, 2015, 11:17:09 AM

I meant the future timers on SBS 2. If I know what they are I can see if I get the same blank timers. I'm trying to see if the blank timer thing is a system wide problem affecting everybody who records the same show (maybe in a region) or a random thing where different people get different empty titles.

When  I first wrote in this thread, I didn't have this problem, but now I do.  I had a different problem and while attempting to fix that Dave got me to re-fetch all the timers.  I noticed then that I had some blank ones appear.  I did write to Dave about it then, so far he hasn't replied, but TBH I forgot about them (they were all towards the end of the week and  presumed they will sort themselves out.  I just discovered that I ended up with 8 blank (time and date and channel only) recordings for the last two days.
I just checked, I have 14 blank ones for the next week (they seem to reduce in number towards the end of the week FWIW)  They seem to be mostly for 10, but have one or two for most of the rest as well.  Attached is the screen shot with the most on it
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on December 08, 2015, 06:56:17 AM
Thanks Judy. A few questions:
Is your epg blank on those days or are the shows there?
Do you normally fully shutdown your BW or do you put it in standby or leave it on.
If the epg data is there for those timers, can you try restarting the BW and see if the timers get allocated a title.

OK.  I am  going backwards.  This shows my brain dead status.  I didn't remember talking about this problem here  :-[  I got to this thread now, reading the beginning and sent the post before this one.  I then continued to read the rest of the thread and disovered a.) my post, with screen shots, and your question.

I (being new to the Wiz) get confused about standby and shut down.  I think I have it in standby all the time.  However, I now turned it off at the front off switch and back  on again, checked the timers, nothing changed.
I then gave it a hard reset (switched it off at the back) and back on again.  The missing  timers are still missing.
Cheers,
Judy

kruzenvax

OK, some more info from the latest occurrence today. Noticed an empty timer Channel 10 next Friday  (the 18th) afternoon - 3pm Judge Judy. When to EPG and the program info is not there. E.g. all channels seem to be ok but Channel 10 had a long empty bar for everything after midday.

Waited for an hour to ensure that EPG updates cycle does not fix it and Rebooted Beyonwiz. Now all  the info for Friday after midday is there, but timer is still empty. Tried to play with IceTV plugin (refresh, enable/disable) to get it refreshed and also rebooted T4 again - no luck.

So I think what's going on is:

1. Sometimes EPG info is not populated from IceTV. Not sure it's IceTV or T4 problems though I think I've seen some empty bars when I was using Humax
2. If at that time T4 rolls over the next timer it will naturally have not title and other fields (not sure if it will record or not, last time it dd not record)
3. Once EPG is updated (at least with reboot as it has been suggested here before) timer does not get updated and there is no apparent way to refresh it.

Hope the info above can help with fixing this issue - and hoe someone is looking into it.

Thanks

P.S. I have disabled deep standby timers - these days my T4 goes normal stand by only.

simoncasey

My experience is that refreshing the gaps in the epg requires the plugin to be disabled and reenabled and that giving updating a blank title with the epg just requires a Gui restart. I have also checked that doing a Gui restart with a blank title seems to fix up the blank titles irrespective of whether it is an icetv timer or not.
In most cases people haven't had a problem with blank titles recording, they just get a recording with only the date and time as the file name.

I agree that the cause seems to originate from blank data coming from icetv that doesn't seem to get updated. There doesn't seem to have been any response from icetv as to whether they believe the problem is at their end or not.

I currently have 6 timers with blank titles but they are all for >7 days in the future so no epg data as yet. As soon as I get epg data for those days I'll do a Gui restart and check that fixes my blank timers.