Problems recording on 9hd

Started by sddawson, November 28, 2015, 11:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sddawson

Some of us are having problems recording the new 9hd channel on Beyonwiz T-series boxes. After following instructions and doing a location scan to pick up the new 9 channels, if I schedule a recording from the iOS app for a 9hd programme it shows as being on GEM on the Beyonwiz timer list. It does record properly, but the recording isn't highlighted on the Guide either.

I then did a full manual scan and, like another user, timers for 9hd recordings now show with no channel at all. They do record properly however, but again aren't highlighted as a recording on the guide.

Ideas?

simoncasey

I'm seeing the same thing on my T3 too. It's worth emphasising that the channel is called GEM (ie the old channel 90 and the same as the new 9HD and not the new 9Gem).
The problem also happens if you do a recording from the icetv website.

The recording appears occurs OK by the timer does not appear in the epg.

tonymy01

You guys need to delete GEM (not 9GEM) from your channels list and see if this helps? I had some quirks also, but don't have any timers on 9HD at the moment to see if there are any more probs (the EPG seems like it is right).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

simoncasey

Ah, I should have read your reply here before I replied in the BW forum. Everyone on the BW seems fine for 9HD, epg is fine, no GEM, no duplicates, I can record a manual timer on 9HD ok. The only issue is icetv timers for 9 HD.

sddawson

Exactly the same experience as simoncasey. EPG looks fine, channel list is fine etc. Just 9hd recordings done via icetv show as GEM. Recordings work fine, but don't appear highlighted on the guide. Do a complete scan on the BW, clearing existing channels, changes the symptom in that the channel is now blank on timers and recordings, rather than saying GEM.

fastcars

Quote from: sddawson on November 29, 2015, 11:38:42 AM
Exactly the same experience as simoncasey. EPG looks fine, channel list is fine etc. Just 9hd recordings done via icetv show as GEM. Recordings work fine, but don't appear highlighted on the guide. Do a complete scan on the BW, clearing existing channels, changes the symptom in that the channel is now blank on timers and recordings, rather than saying GEM.

I'm receiving the same as above, this is after performing a system reset of my T3 and then setting up IceTV on my T3 and then forcing a new LCN mapping update from my IceTV account.

Pauloz53

Add me to the list too. No highlight of IceTV timers despite the guide being correct and the timers being received and working. Manual timers highlight ok. I wonder if the transmitted IceTV data is missing a field or malformed in some way.
Paul

prl

Do the timers show up in the EPG if you switch the current bouquet from your Favourites list to Terrestrial TV LCN or Last Scanned?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Pauloz53

Hi Peter. No doesn't show in any bouquet. 

On the Beyonwiz forum Simon suggested editing the timer in the timer list. It shows as GEM but saves as 9HD. Viola - the edited entry is highlighted in the guide.

As the Guru in residence no doubt you have a better idea of why this mismatch might be occurring.

prl

Quote from: Pauloz53 on November 29, 2015, 03:17:46 PM
... As the Guru in residence no doubt you have a better idea of why this mismatch might be occurring.

Unfortunately, I'm in Canberra and we haven't yet had these changes made to our local Win broadcasts.

However, simoncasey posted some information on the Beyonwiz forum this afternoon that I've had a look at and I now think I know what's causing the problem.

As my Beyonwiz forum post says, a fix will have to wait for peteru to get back.

If the recordings are being made anyway, for now, either fix the channels by hand or just pretend that the problem isn't there.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

A fix for this problem has been merged into the main Beyonwiz T series firmware repository. It should appear in a public beta in due course.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

fastcars

Quote from: prl on December 15, 2015, 04:04:38 PM
A fix for this problem has been merged into the main Beyonwiz T series firmware repository. It should appear in a public beta in due course.

Peter, thanks for the update.

Regards,
Andrew