Is my TV dead?

Started by csutak40, November 27, 2015, 04:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on November 29, 2015, 06:30:00 PM
BTW, if the mods are watching, this topic probably belongs more in the Beyonwiz section (or on the Beyonwiz forum, for that matter :) )

Done.  ;D
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Pauloz53

The aerial connection is the prime suspect but one other thing to check is that the TV is actually scanning for digital channels. Older TVs will scan for analogue channels, which no longer exist.

csutak40

Quote from: Pauloz53 on December 01, 2015, 08:00:19 PM
The aerial connection is the prime suspect but one other thing to check is that the TV is actually scanning for digital channels. Older TVs will scan for analogue channels, which no longer exist.

It definitely can usually see digital channels
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tonymy01

But my older Samsung TV has an analogue scanner and a digital scanner, they are in kind of independent places in the menu structure (older M series, I haven't scanned that one in a while and is sitting in it's box at the moment, so this is going on distant memory from about 4 years ago or so since I last scanned it).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

csutak40

Yeah, mine has both as well, but I was talking about the digital setting.  I have someone visiting today, I may ask them to plug the TV directly into the antenna, if they seem like in the mood :-)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,