Daylight Savings in WA

Started by chrisb, November 21, 2006, 09:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwall

re-fetching helped me to fix this "error". I had it set for 0300 hrs, same time as I have PGR updating time.
Note, if using Icebox2 the modem keeps "old" time but that does not seem to matter, as with any modem it now appears to me.

Would be nice if one gets told about these things in advance I believe.

Cheers
Tom

mtb

Quote from: poedgirl on December 03, 2006, 05:19:59 PM
Is it just me or are all the shows an hour out on TV right now? All day today the shows have been an hour out (according to the IceTV guide).
I'm having a similar problem.  I can't apply the D.S.T. because  is screws up my 250+ appointments but this appears to be screwing up the data by an hour - I'm using TED/S by the way.  This whole D.S.T. thing is soooo ove-rated, we and neighbours have already had no end of problems with the kids wanting to stay up because it's still light.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

poedgirl

Well, the DST patch doesn't work at all in Vista so I'm glad the times are an hour behind as if I do set the time an hour ahead it automatically puts it back.

whitford

Daylight saving basically stuff up all my recordings. The guide is "correct", but the "recording is not". For example: The guide: Seven news: start at 6.00. But under scheduled recording, Seven news start at 7.00 (not at 6.00 as it is written on the guide).

Basically, I have to reschedule all the recordings, and it fixes it.

I'm from Perth.

- Are people in the eastern states experiencing this sort of problem as well?
- How about other people in WA? Same problem?
- But the main question: When we're reverting again in March, will I encounter this problem again?
- Is this ICETV fault?

Thanks....

mtb

Quote from: whitford on December 04, 2006, 10:31:10 PM
Daylight saving basically stuff up all my recordings. The guide is "correct", but the "recording is not". For example: The guide: Seven news: start at 6.00. But under scheduled recording, Seven news start at 7.00 (not at 6.00 as it is written on the guide).
I had that problem on a number of occasions during the 'trying' times yesterday but seem to have got over it at last with a heap of fiddling.  I'm running the taps listed in my sig. (with some version changes), what taps are you running?  Maybe we can nut it out between us.  I don't think it's Ice's fault, it's those damned pollies...

Edit: Ah, wrong forum... no sig.!!  Ok, taps are latest of... EPG_Uploader, Improbox, JustEPG, ProgressBarKeys, Subtitle Switch, TimerExtend, TSRCommander
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Topfield 5000MP

chrismclay

The Mac Widget is currently an hour out due to daylight savings in WA. Apple's official advice is to change the time manually because selecting another time zone breaks other things in the system. But IceTV doesn't like this.

Is this likely to be fixed by IceTV, or should we stop using it until winter?

satch

Can WA users that paid for this service get a Half refund as this is not working for us correctly.  It should be fair that we do until this gets fixed

mtb

I can't comment on the Mac widget but the Ice data IS correct on XP if you correctly set daylight savings on, so you'll have to find another solution Chris.  I still have to disable D.S.T. before sync'ing my Xda then re-enable it before TED/S runs to load the Topfield.  Crazy, but it works.  Surely someone has a D.S.T. patch for the W.A. based Mac by now?

Satch, the data is right so Ice can't fix something which isn't broken.  I'm afraid if you haven't patched your XP or are using something else, you'll have to live with it or modify the data yourself.
Topfield 5000MP

whitford

I definetely have patched MCE, and have followed te instructions from ICE, and as I mention the guide is correct, but the scheduled recording is not. And unfortunately judging by the comment WA people made on xpmediacenter site  (and 2 of my friends that are using icetv), I haven't heard anyone (apart from ICETV tech) that has any smooth transition without needing to reschedule their recording on an MCE machine - and all is fixed..

I guess one question that I want to ask is:
- Is this ICETV issue or MCE issue?
- Did people in the eastern states had this problem as well - when they changed DST some months ago?
- Will the same problem occur when we revert back?

Thanks...

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi whitford,

I have done some more research and it seems this is more of an MCE issue than an IceTV issue, others have experienced this not only here but also in other countries as well.

From what I can gather it stems from whether the scheduled recording is setup to record at a certain time or at "Any time". If set at the certain time then for some reason they appear to move by one hour even if the show doesn't. An example of this can be found at http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/update-rollup-2-for-windows-xp-media-center-edition-2005-troubleshooting-guide.aspx#568980.

Interestingly there is another issue that can possibly occur during the change back that I found on the Microsoft site for any recordings that are actually scheduled during the change back from 3am to 2am. Oddly enough the 'fix' from Microsoft is to set the clock by one day to avoid this... more details on this can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905927.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

satch

I'm on a mac so there is no DST Button that i can press

te author=mtb link=topic=484.msg2202#msg2202 date=1165409036]
I can't comment on the Mac widget but the Ice data IS correct on XP if you correctly set daylight savings on, so you'll have to find another solution Chris.  I still have to disable D.S.T. before sync'ing my Xda then re-enable it before TED/S runs to load the Topfield.  Crazy, but it works.  Surely someone has a D.S.T. patch for the W.A. based Mac by now?

Satch, the data is right so Ice can't fix something which isn't broken.  I'm afraid if you haven't patched your XP or are using something else, you'll have to live with it or modify the data yourself.
[/quote]

mtb

Just reviving this one to remind everyone that, while the Eastern states are bringing the start of D.S.T. forward to this weekend, W.A. is not so there are two opportunities for problems arising - this weekend and three weeks time.
Topfield 5000MP