Can't see recordings on network

Started by Heideho, November 30, 2015, 08:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heideho

I've seen this before but not since the firmware update. I've got 4 recordings on my Skippa that I cannot see from the TV in the other room when I access the recordings via DLNA. I've rebooted the Skippa but they're still not showing up. They're there if I access the Skippa directly and show recordings.

Is this a "refresh" issue which I've seen in other DLNA servers or is this some secret Skippa feature that I haven't worked out yet?
Brisbane

csutak40

Quote from: Heideho on November 30, 2015, 08:57:31 PM
I've seen this before but not since the firmware update. I've got 4 recordings on my Skippa that I cannot see from the TV in the other room when I access the recordings via DLNA. I've rebooted the Skippa but they're still not showing up. They're there if I access the Skippa directly and show recordings.

Is this a "refresh" issue which I've seen in other DLNA servers or is this some secret Skippa feature that I haven't worked out yet?

I have the same problem with my Beyonwiz T4, so I think it must be a DLNA problem, not a Skippa one
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Heideho

I was suspicious it might be related to folders as I know my Netgear NAS doesn't auto-refresh new folders but is happy to display files that I add. The shows I'm not seeing are grouped into folders by the Skippa. I was hoping there was some way to force it to refresh and display new content.
Brisbane

Dave at IceTV

DLNA servers on any device can be flaky. It all depends on how well and how often the server indexes the files. Some files can be ignored if there is something in the filename that the server doesn't like (though you can't rename recordings on the Skippa).

Try restarting the Skippa from 'menu > settings > general > restart'.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Heideho

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. I have restarted once. That was the first thing I tried. I'll do it again and see.
Brisbane

Heideho

I've restarted the Skippa multiple times today but I'm thinking now it's probably an issue with my Sony Bravias than the Skippa. I've managed to locate the programs I was looking for through my Pioneer Blu-Ray player in the other room which also streams from DLNA. For whatever reason the Sonys won't display the X-Files I recorded Saturday night although they happily show tonight's news. Bizarre!
Brisbane

IanL-S

Yes, it is probably a Sony problem - they cannot deal with ts streams that do not strictly comply with technical specifications, like much Australian transmission. From recollection it tends to affect recordings on only some networks.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help