Main Menu

Resend ...

Started by xanthi, December 01, 2015, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

I've created a new topic to discuss the blank titles in timers as it is not really connected to the original topic http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/blank-title-in-timer/4842/msg25309#msg25309

prl

IceTV will often set timers for SBS and ABC shows beyond the end of the EPG. When I looked last night, I had SBS Food Network timers set out to 12 Dec. It's been that way for quite a while (well before the demise of IceTV v1).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

simoncasey

Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2015, 05:30:52 PM
Quote from: prl on December 01, 2015, 05:20:11 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2015, 04:52:49 PM
Rebooting does more than just a normal fetch.
Are you sure about that? I've looked at the code, and it doesn't look like that at all to me.

Quote from: simoncasey on December 01, 2015, 04:52:49 PM
A normal fetch won't fill the empty title but a reboot does.
I'm unconvinced. But I've never seen this problem, so it's hard for me to test it. Given the nature of the problem, it's hard to test anyway.

99% sure that a reboot will restore a missing timer title if that data exists in the epg. I did it yesterday. its why I know that if I have future timers with missing titles that thy will resolve themselves before the recording starts.
Just revisiting this from a while ago. I'm now pretty certain that restarting my T3 fixes up any timers with blank titles. In order to test it, I did the following:
I disabled icetv and reverted to the FTA epg to eliminate icetv updates from the issue. I then created a new timer on my T3 so that I had a non icetv timer. I then deleted the title from the timer so that it appears in the timer list as a timer with a blank title.
Then I did a GUI restart and when I looked at the timer, it had been assigned the correct title from the epg. So the fixing up of blank titles must be something that the T3 does on restart and explains why some people get the blank timers that result in blank recordings whereas others who shutdown or restart their T3s regularly will normally find the blank timers get fixed up.