IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac37

Quote from: mac37 on November 09, 2015, 01:52:58 AM
On the 5th I clicked on the auto-renew, and gave my card details etc.
The bar at the top said - your account will expire on the 10th November
Today, at 6 minutes past midnight (9th Nov) , I got an email saying they had taken my first payment
Invoice 2255
And now my expiry date is December 10th.
Brilliant.  :)

Mac

They took my first autorenew on the 9th.

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: sys2061 on November 05, 2015, 04:06:15 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 05, 2015, 01:46:28 PM

There hasn't been an RSS feed for about a year now.

That's weird, because it's still there. It even started working again today when I paid for a month.

It's linked from the TV Guide page, among others:
<link href="/tv-guide/index.cgi?op=myupcomingshows_rss&auth_uuid=REDACTED" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" />

I would be very disappointed if it went away now.

Where you are seeing that link? What browser are you using? Where did you get your uuid?

In chrome and ie the rss links vanished when we updated the website a while ago, much to my annoyance.

Now that I know the my week rss feed is still alive I have managed to make myself a link to it (using the link in your reply, thank you).
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/index.cgi?op=myupcomingshows_rss

But without knowing what my uuid is I need to be logged in already if using web browser, and it makes it harder to download my 'my shows' 'my week' list programmatically to automatically schedule my recordings in software that does not support IceTV smart recording.

Edit: changed 'my shows' to 'my week'
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

sam

Quote from: warkus on October 25, 2015, 06:54:50 PM
Sam,

I have a Skippa here in the office doing exactly that at the moment. It lasts between 30 seconds and 5 minutes on boot before freezing, audio still running but frozen other than that and occasionally reboots itself automatically.

I am 80% sure it's a faulty SOC (main controller). Freeze spraying the heat sink on the SOC keeps it up for an indefinite period, most I've had it up is 15mins. As soon as I stop spraying the heat sink, it locks within a very short time.

If it is a faulty SOC, it's a bin job, simple. I'm really sorry.

I haven't finished testing yet but once I've finished I will post confirmation either way...

Mark

Hi Mark,

Do you have any update on your testing please? Whether this is a faulty SOC and therefore a bin job for my Hot faulty D.O.A SKIPPA (which was to be replaced), that Freezes. At least I could get it to boot up after replacing the Power Pack, but you can't use SKIPPA and it's currently packed in its box and stored away - Out of my sight - out of my frustration range!   

I wish it was repairable as when it is up and running it shows great potential.

Regards,
SAM

IanL-S

Mark also mentioned that some SKIPPAs had poor quality SATA connectors on the main board which were causing issues. This is apparently able to be fixed.

Fortunately my SKIPPA is working without any issues. I am surprised how well the add skipping works (particularly on SBS which I thought would be problematic).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Did everyone who asked for information on how to renew via direct deposit get the details they needed?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 18, 2015, 12:24:11 AM
Did everyone who asked for information on how to renew via direct deposit get the details they needed?

I got it second hand from someone, not from IceTV
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Twain

Hi Dan,

I would like to pay for my IceTV by direct deposit, but I don't have the required details yet.

Regards

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Twain on November 18, 2015, 11:19:42 AM
I would like to pay for my IceTV by direct deposit, but I don't have the required details yet.

Check your personal messages.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JPP

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 18, 2015, 02:56:09 PM
Check your personal messages.
And don't forget to scroll to the BOTTOM of your messages.....
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

barney85

so essentially the lifetime subsciption i paid $99 for last year is completely useless now is it. As you can probably gather im not to happy wasting a sweet $100 on now a useless subsciption. Its only because im receiving no epg from icetv and my scheduled recording deleted that ive came onto here. I dont exaclty troll through icetv forums daily to find all the latest goss. From the other comments congrats on getting it back but im pissed ive wasted so much frigging money on a damn epg. You would think at the very least you could credit a few months to make up the remaining money left over as im sure im not the only person to get screwed.

JPP

A lot of people, who've paid either by PayPal or Credit Card, have put in a claim to PayPal or their Credit card provider and have recovered their money, even though the time span for both PayPal or Credit card had expired. More on this on this Forum elsewhere.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Paul55

Quote from: barney85 on November 19, 2015, 09:33:33 PM
so essentially the lifetime subsciption i paid $99 for last year is completely useless now is it. ....... Its only because im receiving no epg from icetv and my scheduled recording deleted that ive came onto here. ........ You would think at the very least you could credit a few months to make up the remaining money left over as im sure im not the only person to get screwed.

The short and unemotive answer is yes. The 'old' IceTV has gone broke due to the failed attempt to introduce the Skippa PVR.
You should have received emails warning you of this - if you have kept your contact details up to date.
The 'new' IceTV is a different company that uses the same name. If you want to receive the service from the new company, it will cost $7.99 per month.
The vast majority of us 'lost' varied lengths of subscriptions. That happened. It can't un-happen. Full stop.
The new company needs to make a profit or it will fail too.

Klink1313

Can you please send me these details as well.

Thx

Eelsfan05

Dave,

Could I get these details as well please.