9HD problems on 7500t

Started by dawsman_1, November 29, 2015, 05:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: dawsman_1 on January 12, 2016, 08:03:57 PM
Pausing and recording 9HD is working for me now. There must have been a software update? My current version is UHTFAA 1.08.29 (I didn't note the previous version).

Thanks for all your help with this Dave, much appreciated.

Good to hear it is working now. Your Humax must have quietly done an auto software update. The 7500 Nov-2015 version number was 1.08.28

Nothing listed on their website yet (except the Jan 2016 software update for the HMS-100T 4tune with 'Applied 9HD recordings / TSR function.').
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Fred13

1.08.29 on the Humax website.

I updated via USB.  A quick test - recorded 9HD and played it back.  Also chase play on 9HD working.

Thanks Dave for your help.

Mac37

Just got round to testing mine out - 7500t - also seems that the update snuck through without my noticing. 1.08.29  update date = 22 Dec.
Recorded Animal Super parents on Sunday - plays back ok with skipping fwd and back etc etc. Brilliant picture.
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

clayton4115

hi i have a humax 7500T and the last few days i have noticed all my scheduled programs are not recording anymore, i checked my software update and it states software version 1.08.29 loader version a7.81 update 22 dec 2015. I live in brisbane and all off a sudden my recordings from icetv guide are not working anymore??

Dave at IceTV

You have 15 schedules set on your Humax at the moment - 9 of those are for 9HD.

Check if the HDD is full. Check what happens when you view a TV channel live and press Record.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

clayton4115

thanks Dave will try that out

clayton4115

ok so i deleted some old files and freed up the HDD i noticed that the PVR freezes when I reboot it and now it will not shut off completely, also it was flashing blue when i switched it off and had to switch it off an on from the switch at the back, it looks like my pvr is faulty. I purchased this back in March 2013, is it still under warranty?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: clayton4115 on February 13, 2016, 07:58:56 PM
I purchased this back in March 2013, is it still under warranty?

The manufacturer's warranty for Humax PVRs is 2 years.

Try a factory reset.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/68495024

If that doesn't help then do the reset again except this time tick the "Format HDD" box to format the hard drive. This will delete all of the existing recordings but may be the solution to fixing your problem.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

clayton4115

thanks Dave, but what i did before reading your response i opened up the box and unplugged a few of the plugs inside and i then proceeded to start it up and now it works perfectly, it is like brand new and very responsive, maybe by unplugging it inside it reset itself and all is good now.

Dave at IceTV

Good to hear you resolved the issue.

Sounds like the hard drive cable was not making a good connection at one end and needed to be unplugged and reconnected to fix it.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

clayton4115

yes that was probably what was wrong because i could hear weird sounds emanating from it before i opened it.