9HD problems on 7500t

Started by dawsman_1, November 29, 2015, 05:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andomoose55

Can they test outside Sydney I only have loader 7.54 on my 7500t can you get them to update the firmware

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Andomoose55 on December 08, 2015, 07:41:42 PM
Can they test outside Sydney I only have loader 7.54 on my 7500t can you get them to update the firmware

Humax Australia are in Melbourne. They say they can record 9HD, but I'm not so sure.

I expect that there will be a firmware update to fix it.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Fred13 on December 08, 2015, 04:57:35 PM
Confirming my 7500t won't record 9HD in Adelaide.

Using REC button on the remote the onscreen display indicates it is recording.  After (e.g.) 10 minutes, when you then press the stop button to cancel the recording a message displays that recording less than 30sec won't be saved.  And there is no recording saved.

The 7500 is running loader a7.81 / AUTFAA 1.08.28.  It was updated to 1.08.28 (from 1.08.25) today via USB and after the successful update I did a factory reset, re-scanned channels, etc.  (It wasn't recording 9HD on 1.08.25 either.)

edt (for Dave) - no issues experienced with the HDD.

Thanks Fred. It seems to be every loader/firmware and 75x0 models.

Is anyone in Melbourne having the issue?

• Change to channel 90.
  • Press Pause and see if it pauses.
Or test recording 9HD:

• Switch to channel 90.
  • Check that you can see the 9HD logo onscreen.
  • Press Record.
  • Wait 1 minute and press Info.
  • Note that the recording progress bar in the top-left corner has not moved at all.
  • Press Media and check if you can see the file that is recording.
  • Press Exit.
  • Press Stop.
  • Press OK.
  • You will now see the "Recording (less than 30 secs) may not be stored." warning.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

dawsman_1

Dr Whatyouwant said he was having this problem in Melbourne.

Dave, given that you've already opened a discussion with Humax Australia about this, can you ask them if there is any reason why the 7500T might not be able to record a broadcast encoded with MPEG4? This is the main difference that I'm aware of with the 9HD broadcast compared to other HD channels, and it is the reason that some (mainly older) TVs/PVRs can't even display the broadcast.

Thanks.

Doctor Whatuwant

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on December 09, 2015, 03:48:51 PM
Thanks Fred. It seems to be every loader/firmware and 75x0 models.

Is anyone in Melbourne having the issue?

• Change to channel 90.
  • Press Pause and see if it pauses.
Or test recording 9HD:

• Switch to channel 90.
  • Check that you can see the 9HD logo onscreen.
  • Press Record.
  • Wait 1 minute and press Info.
  • Note that the recording progress bar in the top-left corner has not moved at all.
  • Press Media and check if you can see the file that is recording.
  • Press Exit.
  • Press Stop.
  • Press OK.
  • You will now see the "Recording (less than 30 secs) may not be stored." warning.

That's exactly what mine does on Melbourne 9HD.

stevenr

9HD will not record on the Gold Coast either. Have sent Humax an email last week and have had no reply. >:(

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: dawsman_1 on December 09, 2015, 08:09:39 PM
Dr Whatyouwant said he was having this problem in Melbourne.

Dave, given that you've already opened a discussion with Humax Australia about this, can you ask them if there is any reason why the 7500T might not be able to record a broadcast encoded with MPEG4? This is the main difference that I'm aware of with the 9HD broadcast compared to other HD channels, and it is the reason that some (mainly older) TVs/PVRs can't even display the broadcast.

Displaying and recording MPEG-4 broadcasts is something the Humax PVRs have always been able to do. If you press the List button you'll see that any MPEG-4 channel with a HD resolution has a blue [HD] logo next to them. The [HD] logo has been in the software since the day the 7500 went on sale but the logo only appeared in the channel list and info bar for the 3D test channels a few years ago as they were MPEG-4 and HD resolution. The 7500 was able to record those 3D MPEG-4 channels okay.

It could be a single line of code in the software where the PVR incorrectly assumes our MPEG-4 channels need to be decoded and when it can't find a CAM card it doesn't record the stream. Our PVRs are based on overseas Humax satellite and cable models that need a CAM decoder card.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

simoncasey

Note that humax have confirmed that the 4tune is unable to record 9hd and they are working on a fix. In terms of the 7500, they have stated that it works but haven't seemed to respond to anybody who has said that it isn't, based on all of the comments in Facebook and whirlpool etc who have said they have sent emails but have had no reply.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: simoncasey on December 10, 2015, 02:27:18 PM
humax have confirmed that the 4tune is unable to record 9hd...

I didn't know that. I do know there is a new software update coming in the new year for the 4tune.

Quote from: simoncasey on December 10, 2015, 02:27:18 PM
In terms of the 7500, they have stated that it works

The only persons that I've heard from that say they can record 9HD on their 7500/7510 is Humax themselves. Maybe they thought it was working because it does go through the motions as if it is recording.

A sample 9HD stream has been sent to Humax engineers at Humax HQ so they'll figure it out and release an update in due course.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

simoncasey

Humax posted this on their Facebook page on 30 Nov

For HDR-7500T & HDR-7510T, everything will be working seamlessly.
For HDR-3000T & HMS-1000T, IP EPG information for channel 9 is currently being reviewed and will be made available to customers very shortly!
For HMS-1000T, recording is not currently available on Channel 9 HD. However, it is currently being reviewed and solution will be provided to customers in a very short time.
If you have any further queries, please email us at hauservice@humaxdigital.com
Thank you

Andomoose55

If you sold the later model at the right price I would buy it from you, Harvey Normal are a bit pricey. Will there be an update for the 7500t? If it doesn't record 9HD what's the point in buying another one!

Andomoose55

Records the racing channel( I've tried it) which is mpeg4 what's the difference with 9HD?? Are Humax going to listen to anyone or not or do I need to go back to maybe Topfield??

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Andomoose55 on December 10, 2015, 06:53:09 PM
If you sold the later model at the right price I would buy it from you, Harvey Normal are a bit pricey. Will there be an update for the 7500t? If it doesn't record 9HD what's the point in buying another one!

The 7510T is not a better model than the 7500. It is just a model made for Harvey Norman so they can sell it exclusively and not have to compete on price with other stores.

The 7510T has a different remote control and a different front panel. Because of the different remote control it actually has a few less features than the 7500T.

The 7510 remote control has less buttons but has better sized and placed playback buttons. The 7510 remote also only supports controlling the Humax and a TV. The 7500 remote can control the Humax, a TV, a DVD player and a Sound System.

To accommodate fewer remote control buttons the 7510 has moved some features to a menu accessible via the Opt+ button. This means that switching subtitle languages or turning subtitles on or off on the 7510 requires 4 button presses instead of 1 on the 7500. Some functions from the 7500 remote appear to be gone altogether, like slow motion. Other functions affected are Audio, Sleep, V-Format, Add Bookmark and Bookmark List.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Andomoose55 on December 10, 2015, 06:56:03 PM
Records the racing channel( I've tried it) which is mpeg4 what's the difference with 9HD??

9hd is high definition video with 6 channel dolby digital audio.
Racing.com is standard definition with 3 different audio tracks: 2 channel 48KHz, 1 channel 48KHz and 1 channel 24KHz.

The 3 audio tracks confuses the old DP-S1 and DP-P1 Beyonwiz PVRs so they cannot play the audio when viewing or recording racing.com. You can't even select which audio track to listen to.

Quote from: Andomoose55 on December 10, 2015, 06:56:03 PM
Are Humax going to listen to anyone or not

A sample 9HD stream has been sent to Humax engineers at Humax HQ so they'll figure it out and release a software update.

In the meantime just record 9 instead. Set your nine network series recordings to "prefer standard def." or change 9hd in your account from 'All' to 'Disable'.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

dawsman_1

Pausing and recording 9HD is working for me now. There must have been a software update? My current version is UHTFAA 1.08.29 (I didn't note the previous version).

Thanks for all your help with this Dave, much appreciated.