Various programs on Perth schedule missing a title 1-2 per day apparently random

Started by 000, November 26, 2015, 03:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello Forum Folks.

I'm noticing various programs, apparently random, appear in the Ice TV Perth schedule with no title. Usually it's about 1-2 per day, that I happen to be recording.

I'm using a Beyonwiz T4 (latest firmware - 20151104 4.4), and I'm finding such programs in my media recordings list. But instead of their show name, they have the date and time, and service name. e.g.

20151123 1658 - TEN DIGITAL instead of Ten News

I've chcked the 'Meta' files for the recordings, and the title is missing there too (changing this, renames the show properly). I've checked my recording history, and sure enough the title is missing there too. Hence I believe it's the EPG (I'm using IceTV) that is having a few gaps, which is then passed on to the recording, effectively naming it blankly.

Sure enough, it just happened again just now... It was ABC's Behind the News that was affected. I looked in IceTV, and it wasn't labelled there.

It's frustrating to have to try and find out which show it is that is missing it's title (and then rename it), making sure not to watch a series out of order!

I've got the guide set to update every 5 mins right now.

So far I can't see a pattern to it... Just that it happens to a couple shows a day (I'm recording say 10-12 shows per day). Recent occurrences included: Ten News, How to Get Away With Murder, and Behind the News, but it will probably a different couple of shows later / next time.

Any ideas why there are these near-random like glitches in the IceTV guide?

Cheers, D.

John

Hi 000 I think the appearing disappearing can be explained by the random nature of the ABC providing episode details sometimes, unfortunately our new schedulers are in some cases adding these details which are not picked up till after the event and they are then removed to keep the schedule consistent. I am implementing a change to how this is done in the hope we can avoid this problem. Sorry if we have caused any inconvenience.

jmac

Hi jmac.

But it's not just ABC. It's other services / shows, e.g. Channel 10 - Ten News. That show is every day at 5pm, and doesn't waiver. Yet it was blank yesterday.

How To Get Away with Murder was untitled this week.

It didn't used to happen, but it's definitely been more and more prevalent recently. If I was to leave it unchecked, within a week I'd have roughly 7-14 shows in the same basket.

Cheers, D.

John

Hi  I will pass this on to the technical support guys and get them to have alook. I have checked Ten News in Perth for the last week and it has been on at 5pm every day, also last week's episode of How To Get Away With Murder had an ep last week as it does for next week.

jmac

Yes, the times haven't changed. But some of the episode titles are still missing from the Perth guide.

Also check out ABC3 - BMW To the bottom of the Hill (20151124). That was missing.
I also notice another ABC3 one... 10.33am 20151126. I think it's probably Behind The News. That's title-less too.

Cheers,
D.

Dave at IceTV

Try forcing the recorder to do a full guide refresh. If you don't know how reply with the model of recorder you have.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Hello.

Yes, Beyonwiz T4 (see original post), located in Perth. Yes, tried updating manually (and it's set to auto-update every 5 mins).

I'll see how it goes over the coming days. Cheers for your help thus far.
D.

simoncasey

This is what I think you need to do:
1 check your timer list to see if you have any timers in the future that have a blank title, they normally appear 6/7 days in advance
2 if they do, then check to see if you have a gap in the epg for that time
3 monitor them daily to see if they go away when the epg data appears
4 if the epg remains blank for a few days try refreshing the epg by disabling icetv and then renabling it from the icetv plugin and then do a fetch of the data
5 if the epg has data but the title remains blank, then reboot the BW to see if the title gets automatically updated

This will help to see where the problem is being caused and why for some people it doesn't seem to be fixing itself. I have numerous blank timers in the future but never seem to have a blank title in the recording as the blank timer gets fixed over a few days but a friend of mine who records the same programme as me and is in the same region had the problem you describe so it isn't just related to blanks in the epg.

BrisbaneR33

I am having exactly the same issue in Sydney, also using a Beyonwiz T4

Hi folks.

Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions.  So far this solution appears to have worked for me:

• Work out which shows appear to become title-less, even if they appear to be random (note these down). To do this check through your PVR's recording list (ones that have a screwed up title) and look through the schedule of up-coming recordings (in my case a Beyonwiz T4), to see what upcoming shows have a blank title. It should be pretty obvious.
  • Remove ALL of entries for these offending shows to record (I deleted mine from the IceTV iPhone app)
  • Wait for a EPG refresh, or Force an EPG refresh straight away from your PVR
  • Check that the upcoming events list has now shrunk to a more concise list, without any title-less shows
  • Search (in my case through the iPhone IceTV app) for the recordings/series that you want to record again, and re-schedule them.
  • Check that the newly scheduled programs have titles in the recording list (they should)
  • If all is good, give yourself a well deserved beverage of choice  :)
So far so good. Hope this helps someone else!
Cheers, D.