No data 9HD And 9Life

Started by zoszos68, November 26, 2015, 05:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

I started to panic yesterday  :-[ - thought I may have given the wrong information to Daniel for 9Life. My SKIPPA is refusing to show any EPG data for LCN 94. Rescan and rebooting did not fix it. However, as the T2 has 9Life it must be something in my SKIPPA settings that is causing the problem.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset and had success.  The only issue I have now is that For channel 93 (Go) there is no EPG, but there is one for channel 99 (also Go).

Is this the same for everyone?

I was surprised that Channel 99 was still there after the rescan.

While there is a channel 99, I don't think there will be a problem. However if Nine decides to stop broadcasting both channels, there may be. 

Any idea what Nine intends to do?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

I read somewhere that 99 is an interim measure while people get used to the new LCN for 9Go.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Paul55

Quote from: TimC on November 27, 2015, 05:25:04 PM
For channel 93 (Go) there is no EPG, but there is one for channel 99 (also Go).

This may be what you have set on the IceTV website under My Account/Guide Settings

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Paul55 on November 27, 2015, 05:47:18 PM
Quote from: TimC on November 27, 2015, 05:25:04 PM
For channel 93 (Go) there is no EPG, but there is one for channel 99 (also Go).

This may be what you have set on the IceTV website under My Account/Guide Settings

• If you had GO! set to 'All' it would still be set to 'All' and providing a guide for both LCN 99 and 93 (and 88 if on the Gold Coast or somewhere similar).
  • But if you had Go! set to 99 it would still be set to 99, so you might want to change it to 93, here https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi
Though if 99 goes off air we'd remove LCN 99 from affected accounts and set the LCN for 9Go! to 93 (if it's not already set to 'All').
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

TimC

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 27, 2015, 08:55:04 PM

I checked and found that it was set to All.

I tried setting it to 93 as you suggested and the data for 99 disappeared but the EPG was still missing from 93 i.e. no "Go" data at all.

I tried rescanning the channels and the result was the same.

I have now put it back to All and the EPG for 99 has returned but still no 93 EPG data

Paul55

Quote from: TimC on November 27, 2015, 10:46:55 PM
I checked and found that it was set to All.

I tried setting it to 93 as you suggested and the data for 99 disappeared but the EPG was still missing from 93 i.e. no "Go" data at all.

I tried rescanning the channels and the result was the same.

I have now put it back to All and the EPG for 99 has returned but still no 93 EPG data

I notice you have Toppy 24XX machines. Have you cleared the EPG cache? - Menu/Settings/IceTV red button. I didn't need to do this on my 2400, but it may help.

TimC

Quote from: Paul55 on November 28, 2015, 09:02:35 AM
I notice you have Toppy 24XX machines. Have you cleared the EPG cache? - Menu/Settings/IceTV red button. I didn't need to do this on my 2400, but it may help.

I have this problem on the Skippa only.  The Toppys seem to be Ok.

I have also discovered that timers for programs on Go are not going through to the Skippa.

Eelsfan05

I am getting all the EPG data on my Toppy. There is no program content for 9HD on the android app. Is anyone else having this problem?

simoncasey

I had the problem on the iPhone app and had to reset my settings within the app so it would reload the data. After that 9HD was renamed to 9HD Melbourne

Eelsfan05

Quote from: simoncasey on November 28, 2015, 02:06:25 PM
I had the problem on the iPhone app and had to reset my settings within the app so it would reload the data. After that 9HD was renamed to 9HD Melbourne

AHAAAAA! Thanks, sorted.

csutak40

Quote from: toppy2 on November 27, 2015, 09:26:18 AM

Yes it is the HD version. Thanks for the explanation Ian, you just saved me from doing a factory reset for the third time to see if I could get this channel. ;D

Wouldn't it have been nice of Channel 9 to explain this, while busily spruiking to people how simple it all is
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Paul55

Quote from: csutak40 on November 28, 2015, 06:22:43 PM
Wouldn't it have been nice of Channel 9 to explain this, while busily spruiking to people how simple it all is

It's a fine line they have to tread. If the tuner is capable, for the most part, the process is simple. For situations like some Panasonic TVs, with a 'hidden' option in the tuning menu, it would make for a complex explanation.
Agree, a reference to MPEG-4 capability would have been nice for some. But, for the majority, it would have been heard as technobabble. At least they could have emphasised that some TVs wouldn't be compatible with the new channel.

TimC

I am still not receiving an EPG for Channel 93 (Go) Currently I have given up and disabled the LCN.  That at least allows me to set timers for Channel 99 (also Go).

However I'm not sure if Nine intends to leave 99 there.

I have this problem on all my PVRs i.e. Skippa, Toppy 2400 and Toppy 2460.

Is this unique to me or are others having the same issue?

IanL-S

Quote from: TimC on November 29, 2015, 12:35:17 PM
I am still not receiving an EPG for Channel 93 (Go) Currently I have given up and disabled the LCN.  That at least allows me to set timers for Channel 99 (also Go).

However I'm not sure if Nine intends to leave 99 there.

I have this problem on all my PVRs i.e. Skippa, Toppy 2400 and Toppy 2460.

Is this unique to me or are others having the same issue?

I am getting 9Go on both LCN on my Toppys (2400 + 7100+) and My SKIPPA. However, on the SKIPPA I am not getting 9Live at all. I am located in Melbourne, so the region may be a consideration.

Ian
Synology NAS