Main Menu

"Bitesize"

Started by csutak40, November 23, 2015, 12:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I wonder, is there a way of including the word "bitesize" in the title of the show?  These are really repeats (or part thereof) not marked as such, so there is no way of differentiating them as they now stand.  Usually these are cooking shows.  ATM we have Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook Melbourne - bitesize (as a subtitle), but there are others the same. Or, perhaps, marking them as repeat, as they really are?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

IceTV has in the past treated these "bitesize" shows as new shows because they are different, if only by condensation, from the original.

It makes you wonder though, that if the"story" of the show can be adequately told in five or ten minutes, what the rest of the content in the original was there for? ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

don't have "-" then a space, then "bitesize"... I don't know what having a dash by itself will do, probably match all shows with a dash in description, title etc... ouch!  Could explain your 1500 recordings setup for the week.
The + and - have to be hard against the names you must match (or must not match).   From memory, having something like Gruen Transfer  in the keywords page will match anything with the word Gruen or Transfer (including in description), and +Gruen +Transfer will match anything with both of those words (but in any order).   To match the show itself, you can either give up on the keyword side and try to find it in a series recording instead (trick if it isn't on in the next week is to see if you can find it in "most popular" or "coming soon" tabs), or ensure you put inverted commas around to ensure it is matching what is inside the inverted commas "Gruen Transfer".

Here is one of mine, I like shows with Richard Hammond in them, but not the kiddies show he does, and I already have a series recording setup for Top Gear, so:
"richard hammond" -blast  -"top gear"

If you want to be more specific about matching, you can use title:keyword for example.   I tend to do series recordings on the whole rather than keyword though, as you will find some odd matches from time to time where a word you would never think ends up in the description that matches something else you wanted..
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

csutak40

Quote from: tonymy01 on November 26, 2015, 01:18:23 PM
don't have "-" then a space, then "bitesize"... I don't know what having a dash by itself will do, probably match all shows with a dash in description, title etc... ouch!  Could explain your 1500 recordings setup for the week.
The + and - have to be hard against the names you must match (or must not match).   From memory, having something like Gruen Transfer  in the keywords page will match anything with the word Gruen or Transfer (including in description), and +Gruen +Transfer will match anything with both of those words (but in any order).   To match the show itself, you can either give up on the keyword side and try to find it in a series recording instead (trick if it isn't on in the next week is to see if you can find it in "most popular" or "coming soon" tabs), or ensure you put inverted commas around to ensure it is matching what is inside the inverted commas "Gruen Transfer".

Here is one of mine, I like shows with Richard Hammond in them, but not the kiddies show he does, and I already have a series recording setup for Top Gear, so:
"richard hammond" -blast  -"top gear"

If you want to be more specific about matching, you can use title:keyword for example.   I tend to do series recordings on the whole rather than keyword though, as you will find some odd matches from time to time where a word you would never think ends up in the description that matches something else you wanted..
Thanks very much for the explanation, Tony.  I now understand how all those recordings happened.  I will now keep away from keyword recordings completely, until I figure out more  important things (like the Beyonwiz)  Still have a few things I don't understand, but will get to them later... much later.  :-[

I am now sorry I bought it, just don't feel up to learning new stuff ATM.  It is getting very depressing  :(  I really have to find a Beyonwiz guru here in Melbourne
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

Quote from: csutak40 on November 27, 2015, 03:40:29 AM
....... I will now keep away from keyword recordings completely, until I figure out more  important things (like the Beyonwiz)  Still have a few things I don't understand, but will get to them later... much later.  :-[

I am now sorry I bought it, just don't feel up to learning new stuff ATM.  It is getting very depressing  :(  I really have to find a Beyonwiz guru here in Melbourne

Yes the T4 would be confusing coming from the Toppy and Windows Media Player. I just got a T2 and it is challengingly different. The OS of the T2 and T4 is basically the same. I am also in Melbourne, but definitely not a Beyonwiz Guru. I have had the T2 for less than 24 hours.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

There are a few Melbourne-based people on the Beyonwiz forum who I'd definitely put into the "guru" class.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on November 27, 2015, 09:27:28 AMYes the T4 would be confusing coming from the Toppy and Windows Media Player. I just got a T2 and it is challengingly different. The OS of the T2 and T4 is basically the same. I am also in Melbourne, but definitely not a Beyonwiz Guru. I have had the T2 for less than 24 hours.

Ian

I'd agree coming from a Toppy could be confusing, particularly from SD Toppies TAPS and TEDS. I learned a lot from scanning the Beyonwiz forum, a suggestion that I have made elsewhere here. A Beyonwiz guru could make up a settings backup that could be put on a USB stick, but there's nothing to compare with sucking and seeing it for yourself to get anything working to your satisfaction.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: prl on November 27, 2015, 09:59:48 AM
There are a few Melbourne-based people on the Beyonwiz forum who I'd definitely put into the "guru" class.

Could you PM me their names please?
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 27, 2015, 10:17:33 AM

I'd agree coming from a Toppy could be confusing, particularly from SD Toppies TAPS and TEDS. I learned a lot from scanning the Beyonwiz forum, a suggestion that I have made elsewhere here. A Beyonwiz guru could make up a settings backup that could be put on a USB stick, but there's nothing to compare with sucking and seeing it for yourself to get anything working to your satisfaction.

I do plan to find the time to sit down and read the Forum. TBH (probably because of the way my brain works -not - ATM) I have tried to find a few things on the  forum without much success.  I think  I need to just sit down and start reading...  Things have been a bit hectic around here for all sorts of reasons, and my health hasn't been the best lately either.  Ideally what I would love is for someone to come here (obviously, I would compensate  them for their time) so that I could watch and learn
Cheers,
Judy

simoncasey

Quote from: csutak40 on November 27, 2015, 04:19:55 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on November 27, 2015, 10:17:33 AM

I do plan to find the time to sit down and read the Forum. TBH (probably because of the way my brain works -not - ATM) I have tried to find a few things on the  forum without much success.  I think  I need to just sit down and start reading...  Things have been a bit hectic around here for all sorts of reasons, and my health hasn't been the best lately either.  Ideally what I would love is for someone to come here (obviously, I would compensate  them for their time) so that I could watch and learn
Roughly whereabouts are you?

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

Quote from: csutak40 on November 27, 2015, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on November 27, 2015, 04:24:02 PM

Roughly whereabouts are you?

South Eastern suburbs

Me too!

Ian

Why I am posting this I have absolutly no idea  :-\ :'(
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on November 27, 2015, 05:14:52 PM

Me too!

Ian

Why I am posting this I have absolutly no idea  :-\ :'(

Well, if I find a guru, you're invited, maybe you'll get some pointers too  :P
Cheers,
Judy