Failed Recordings - what does 'Expired' mean?

Started by Stalky, November 18, 2015, 08:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalky

Hi all. Some of my series timer shows are appearing in Failed Recordings before they are even aired. The shows have the word 'Expired' next to them in the Failed Recordings screen. Any ideas why this is occurring?

All my shows have been set up the same way. For each, I have used the IceTV app, and set them to record on my Skippa. They then appear in the My Week screen okay, but then some of them fail to record.

Also, even though they have all been set up the same way using the app, not all of them shows as 'ST' on my Skippa.

Got me puzzled. Appreciate any help because I really want to keep going with my Skippa as I was one of the lucky ones to (1) actually receive a Skippa, and (2) get one that worked!

Thanks in advance,

John

Dave at IceTV

Hi John,

Make sure you have updated your Skippa to the 1.1.10604 software as the previous versions had a bug that would stop IceTV and AutoSkip from updating (and other bugs).
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/97066117-How-to-update-the-software-from-a-USB-stick
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bodogbodog

Quote from: Stalky on November 18, 2015, 08:55:09 PM
The shows have the word 'Expired' next to them in the Failed Recordings screen. Any ideas why this is occurring?
....I was one of the lucky ones to (1) actually receive a Skippa, and (2) get one that worked!

John
Run (not walk) to a Lotto shop and buy a ticket - you are truly one of the lucky ones :-)

(sorry I'm feeling a little sorry for myself as my Skippa continues to freeze up from time to time (just waiting on a new power supply to see if it will fix it))

and in terms of "expired" - well that just makes me think of the Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch @ https://youtu.be/4vuW6tQ0218

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Stalky

Hi Dave, yes, already on the latest firmware. All else is working fine, just the issue with series not recording or not coming through to the Skippa as ST's.

Thanks for the words of wisdom bodogbodog - I know I'm lucky. And I've gotta say the Skippa is a little beauty (now that's jinxed it!). Just this little niggly inconsistency with series recordings.

So guys, no idea why I get an 'expired' message before the show has even gone to air??