Main Menu

SBSHD epg

Started by simoncasey, November 17, 2015, 10:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 18, 2015, 11:33:42 AM
Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 11:20:40 AMThere is an issue where timers with no title sometimes appear in the timer list well into the future, but that always seems to resolve itself closer to the time of the recording.

That may be because the Beyonwiz T series is a bit smarter than the Topfield TF7100HDPVRt when it comes to refreshing timer data from the EPG. It certainly works well with EPGRefresh and autotimers.

The IceTV implementation on the TF7100HDPVRt (not the TF7100HDPVRt Plus) is primitive. It has not, as far as I recall, been changed since the model was released (must have been 2007 or 2008). There has not been a firmware update for more than 5 years.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

tonymy01

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 18, 2015, 11:33:42 AM
That may be because the Beyonwiz T series is a bit smarter than the Topfield TF7100HDPVRt when it comes to refreshing timer data from the EPG.
Interesting.   My "Fargo" timer last week had a generic name once it recorded (I didn't check the timer list to see the name).   I notice in my future timers last time I checked a about a week ago an entry or two with blank names..(or maybe it *was* the Fargo timer that I saw, since I have the option enabled to keep my list of previous timers for a while, so I can check to see if I can't find a recording if a timer was actually created or not, I am new to the T4 so don't 100% trust it yet..)
Sydney T4 user.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

raymondjpg

Quote from: tonymy01 on November 19, 2015, 08:50:03 AMInteresting.   My "Fargo" timer last week had a generic name once it recorded (I didn't check the timer list to see the name).   I notice in my future timers last time I checked a about a week ago an entry or two with blank names..(or maybe it *was* the Fargo timer that I saw, since I have the option enabled to keep my list of previous timers for a while, so I can check to see if I can't find a recording if a timer was actually created or not, I am new to the T4 so don't 100% trust it yet..)
Sydney T4 user.

It suggests that the process for setting IceTV timers on the Beyonwiz T series is similar to that for the Topfield TF7100HDPVRt. My initial query related to the question does IceTV update (or overwrite) timers without names on the T series on its periodic refresh. My recollection of the process with the Topfield was that it did not, unless there was a change in the schedule for the timer.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

simoncasey

I think it might be the T3 that does it. I just noticed a blank timer in my lot of timers. Checking the epg shows that there is epg data for it. I restarted the T3 and the timer now shows the correct title. There was no icetv log mention that it had been updated.
As u mentioned in my previous post, I often have a timer with a blank title in the timer list, normally 7+ days away. But they are always resolved by the time it comes for the recording.

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on November 19, 2015, 10:31:00 AM
I think it might be the T3 that does it. I just noticed a blank timer in my lot of timers. Checking the epg shows that there is epg data for it. I restarted the T3 and the timer now shows the correct title. There was no icetv log mention that it had been updated.
As u mentioned in my previous post, I often have a timer with a blank title in the timer list, normally 7+ days away. But they are always resolved by the time it comes for the recording.

Have you tried using the Refresh option for your timer list in the Webif interface? I haven't checked but I suspect if it is in the Webif interface it will also be somewhere on the T series TV GUI.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 19, 2015, 10:52:41 AM

Have you tried using the Refresh option for your timer list in the Webif interface? I haven't checked but I suspect if it is in the Webif interface it will also be somewhere on the T series TV GUI.
Refresh in webif doesn't seem to fix it.