Main Menu

SBSHD epg

Started by simoncasey, November 17, 2015, 10:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

How do I get SBSHD epg. Currently there only seems to be 1 or 2 shows a day scheduled in the epg.

IanL-S

I have SBS HD on my 4 Toppys going for about a week ahead, as does my SKIPPA. Have you done a service rescan (you should do one if LCN 33 is not displayed as Food Network).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

simoncasey

Quote from: IanL-S on November 17, 2015, 11:00:05 AM
I have SBS HD on my 4 Toppys going for about a week ahead, as does my SKIPPA. Have you done a service rescan (you should do one if LCN 33 is not displayed as Food Network).

Ian
Sbs3 is fine.
Also the iPhone app is the same, ie there's only 4 shows today on sbshd  in the app, nothing tomorrow and only two shows on Thursday. The app shows the same data as in my T3.
Online guide seems ok.

simoncasey

Actually this seems to be a problem with the icetv epg data for sbshd. The epg is fine from Sunday but is almost blank from today until Saturday. The guide on the T3 and the app are the same.

JPP

In Sydney all OK on all my devices inc the T2 and all Apps Simon....
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

simoncasey

Seems like a regional gap issue. Here is a screenshot of the iPhone app for today. Similar every day this week until Sunday. The epg on the T3 looks the same.

JPP

Yep, must be a regional issue - no missing programs between the time slots you show on your screen shot above.

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

simoncasey

My T3 is now showing data for sbshd but the iPhone app still isn't.

Mantorok

On the IceTV app I'm also missing a big chuck of the EPG for SBS and SBSHD for tomorrow (19-Nov).  I'm in Melbourne.

At 4:10am there's "The Food Lovers' Guide to Australia" and then nothing until 9:40pm with "The Fall, S2 E2"

I've haven't checked my T4 yet but I really want to record "The Fall, S2 E1" which is on at 8:30pm (ie. just before E2).

On the IceTV website the guide is complete and it is showing both episodes will be recorded.

simoncasey

Try resetting the app to get the right data. Under settings > reset application, this will clear the app and download the epg again. I have discovered I need to do this every day to get rid of the large gaps that keep appearing.

In terms of on the BW, I had a large gap last night in SBS HD until 1.45 am, it was ok on SBS1. But even if I have gaps in the epg, timers still seem to get sent correctly so I haven't missed any recordings.

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 08:57:39 AMBut even if I have gaps in the epg, timers still seem to get sent correctly so I haven't missed any recordings.

As a matter of interest do these timers (with gaps in the epg) have correct titles?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 18, 2015, 10:38:32 AM
Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 08:57:39 AMBut even if I have gaps in the epg, timers still seem to get sent correctly so I haven't missed any recordings.

As a matter of interest do these timers (with gaps in the epg) have correct titles?
Yes, they all seem fine in that respect. But at the moment there doesn't appear to be any gaps so I cant confirm/test it.

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 11:03:20 AMYes, they all seem fine in that respect. But at the moment there doesn't appear to be any gaps so I cant confirm/test it.

Thanks. The reason I ask is that when I was running a Topfield TF7100HDPVRt on IceTV, timer titles relied on the epg coming across correctly first. If it did not then timers could come across but with no title, just the channel LCN and correct time. They recorded OK.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

simoncasey

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 18, 2015, 11:18:03 AM
Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 11:03:20 AMYes, they all seem fine in that respect. But at the moment there doesn't appear to be any gaps so I cant confirm/test it.

Thanks. The reason I ask is that when I was running a Topfield TF7100HDPVRt on IceTV, timer titles relied on the epg coming across correctly first. If it did not then timers could come across but with no title, just the channel LCN and correct time. They recorded OK.
There is an issue where timers with no title sometimes appear in the timer list well into the future, but that always seems to resolve itself closer to the time of the recording.

raymondjpg

Quote from: simoncasey on November 18, 2015, 11:20:40 AMThere is an issue where timers with no title sometimes appear in the timer list well into the future, but that always seems to resolve itself closer to the time of the recording.

That may be because the Beyonwiz T series is a bit smarter than the Topfield TF7100HDPVRt when it comes to refreshing timer data from the EPG. It certainly works well with EPGRefresh and autotimers.