Setting recordings for once a week

Started by csutak40, November 07, 2015, 05:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonymy01

Quote from: csutak40 on November 08, 2015, 05:50:48 AM
I've been playing around too much!  :-[ Is there any way of deleting/changing  them?  I stuffed some up and can't figure out how to fix it
Keywords are at the top of "my series". I think though to delete any unintentional recording slots you created, you need to go to "my week".
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

raymondjpg

Quote from: tonymy01 on November 08, 2015, 07:08:06 AM
I've been playing around too much!  :-[ Is there any way of deleting/changing  them?  I stuffed some up and can't figure out how to fix it
Keywords are at the top of "my series". I think though to delete any unintentional recording slots you created, you need to go to "my week".

I thought the question was how to delete/change timers in the T4. If so, I'll leave that one to the experts.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Dave at IceTV

You can delete the unwanted keywords (preferences) from My Series on the phone apps or on the website:
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/myshows

Just click on the one you want to delete then click on delete.

Within 15 or 30 minutes all single recordings that were scheduled by the keyword should be deleted automatically. It takes time for the PVR to learn that those schedules should be deleted, then delete them and reply back to IceTV that have been deleted. If they are still scheduled an hour later you may have to manually cancel each unwanted schedule.

2 tips for setting new preferences

• When adding a new preference on the website there is a Preview button so you can see what shows it will find, before you save the preference.
  • You can set a new Preference as a Favourite Preference instead of a Record Preference. Matching shows will appear in My Week and TV Guide with the green keyword icon. If it finds only the correct shows that you want to record you can then edit the Preference and make it a Record Preference.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 08, 2015, 04:49:08 PM

You can delete the unwanted keywords (preferences) from My Series on the phone apps or on the website:
https://www.icetv.com.au/tv-guide/myshows

Just click on the one you want to delete then click on delete.

This is where my problem lies.  I tried clicking on all parts of the setting, nothing happened.  Now that you mentioned it, decided to have a look at the phone (which I rarely use) and voila!  it did let me remove it there!
So, there is something amiss on the webpage settings
Incidentally, all I was trying to do with this particular one is to add to the already existing "keyword" "repeat:no"   :-[
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tonymy01

When you click on an entry in the web page, it expands below it with the details. Try another browser perhaps.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

csutak40

Quote from: tonymy01 on November 08, 2015, 10:08:58 PM
When you click on an entry in the web page, it expands below it with the details. Try another browser perhaps.

Hmm.  You are right!  It works in IE, but not in FF.  Wonder why?
Cheers,
Judy

Paul55

tonymy01

Yeah, the expanding thing for me is a bit annoying but having too much information displayed per entry would be more annoying. It works fine for Chrome on both mobile and pc (unlike the Beyonwiz OpenWebIf which is missing a large bunch of elements in chrome and works fine in IE).
Regards
Tony

JPP

Quote from: csutak40 on November 09, 2015, 01:29:43 AM
Quote from: tonymy01 on November 08, 2015, 10:08:58 PM

Hmm.  You are right!  It works in IE, but not in FF.  Wonder why?
Hmm.. This is working fine in my FF browser Vs 42.

Likewise, with the Beyonwiz web interface- working fine. Could it be because of some extensions/plug-ins you've got loaded?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

csutak40

Quote from: JPP on November 09, 2015, 03:27:46 PM
Hmm.. This is working fine in my FF browser Vs 42.
I just updated to 42 (or rather, it just updated itself) and now it is working all of the sudden  ;)
Quote from: JPP on November 09, 2015, 03:27:46 PM
Likewise, with the Beyonwiz web interface- working fine. Could it be because of some extensions/plug-ins you've got loaded?
I haven't gotten that far with Beyonwiz yet, still trying to understand the basics  :'(
I have definitely concluded that I am getting too long in the tooth to keep challenging myself by buying complicated new toys.
All I achieve is kill my self esteem.
I wish I knew a T4 guru in Melbourne, I would be happy to pay someone to help me set it up and give me hands-on lessons  :-[
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

I am still having problems in figuring out how to set preferences.

There is a show coming up..   Wil Anderson - Wilosophy  I  could (I suppose) simply set a timer for it, but thought I'd set a preference for Wil  Anderson, as I do like his stuff, and would like to record all of it.  I only accidentally noticed the Wilosophy coming up. 

So, I set the preference, but it has not set the recording.  No idea how to fix it.  As I said, I could just set the timer the old fashioned way, but would like to find out what I'm doing wrong
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on November 17, 2015, 07:36:15 PM
So, I set the preference, but it has not set the recording.

Your preference didn't find anything because there are no shows with Wil Anderson on this week.

Your Wil Anderson preference is going match LOTs of shows that you won't want. Put his name in double quotes "Wil Anderson".Maybe also set it to "all episodes" so you get repeats of old shows like Wilosophy as well as new shows.

You have a few preferences / keywords with issues. I'll post them here and let someone else suggest what is not right with them. I'll make it easy and highlight the problem bits.

"gourmet farmer" title:""

title:"it's a date" +series:"" repeat:no

title:grumpy title:old title:men

And show what they should be set to:

title:"gourmet farmer"

title:"it's a date"

title:"grumpy old men"
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 17, 2015, 08:44:59 PM

Your preference didn't find anything because there are no shows with Wil Anderson on this week.
Well, isn't  Wil Anderson: Wiluminati one? Is that a repeat?  It isn't marked as such

Your Wil Anderson preference is going match LOTs of shows that you won't want. Put his name in double quotes "Wil Anderson".Maybe also set it to "all episodes" so you get repeats of old shows like Wilosophy as well as new shows.

Firstly, again, you seem to be telling me that this is a repeat, but if it is, it isn't marked as such (unless I am really blind  :-\)  I wouldn't want to record any repeats

Secondly, looks like I have a lot to learn.  :-[ The way I have been setting these is to go to "My series", click on "Add new preference", then I get a window that asks me to type in my selection item, so that is where I would type Wil Anderson, it then shows me several choices for him; asking if I want shows or people. 

As I would like it to record everything with him in it, I chose people.  That's when I get lots of choices and seem to get myself confused.  I just went back and deleted the setting I had for him and changed it, so that I now have 'actor: "Wil Anderson"', but it still hasn't picked up the show that is supposed to be on at Wednesday 9 pm
You have a few preferences / keywords with issues. I'll post them here and let someone else suggest what is not right with them. I'll make it easy and highlight the problem bits.

"gourmet farmer" title:""
Again, I am confused as to how to set it up...  There is/was a show called Gourmet Farmer, but the title changes slightly every time it has been on.  The last one was "Gourmet Farmer Afloat"  So, what I was trying to achieve was to get it to pick up anything that has Gourmet Farmer in the title. I was given two choices to pick from, Gourmet Farmer (which is what I picked) and GF  Afloat.  It then gave several choices under "Choose whether you would like to include or exclude the Selection term in your smart Preference."  Obviously, (you're telling me) I've made the wrong choice, but having just had another look, still don't know which is the right one.  :'(

title:"it's a date" +series:"" repeat:no
I can see what's wrong with this, but (I find) it is an easy mistake to make.  As you're going through the choices, it asks you you under program options if you want new or repeat showings, but it seems you're meant to ignore that, as when you go to save it, it is already there as an option.  I just changed it, but I now have a + sign in front of it, no idea what that means or where it came from  '+title:"it's a date" '

I think I have now learned what not to do with  this one  ;D

title:grumpy title:old title:men
This is another one I have no idea how to set up...  There are/were lots of shows with "Grumpy" something or other (entirely possible that they aren't making any new ones  ;D) and what I was trying to do was to get them all. 

There is another one like that, same dilemma...  :P Shows with "Agony" in the title.  I haven't even attempted that one  ;D

And show what they should be set to:

title:"gourmet farmer"

title:"it's a date"

title:"grumpy old men"
[/quote]
Cheers,
Judy

tonymy01

the title: bit needs the text of the title (or partial title) you want to match directly after it.  You can't put a bit of text, followed by title:, as this will not attempt to match anything on title (since you don't have anything after title).    And if the title or words you want to match have spaces in it, you will need to enclose in inverted commas so it isn't trying to simply match a list with *any* of those words.   If you want to have any match for "Wil Anderson", then I don't think you need to specify title or actor or description for this, simply have his name and it will try to find any EPG record entry with this name in it.   You can then set options for if you want repeat recordings or not.   And if you want to watch a show with his name in it, but NOT Gruen Transfer for example, you can have the entry:
+"Wil Anderson" -Gruen
and the minus sign ensures that it will take away the match.   You can then go to "My Week" to check what it has matched & setting timers for, in order to see if your keywords are successful.

Regards
Regards
Tony