No response to website questions

Started by lingfish, November 13, 2015, 09:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lingfish

I have, over the last week or so, logged two "tickets"  via the website, with no response.

Nobody is answering the phones either.

What am I missing?

IanL-S

Quote from: lingfish on November 13, 2015, 09:23:56 AM
What am I missing?

I suspect you are missing nothing. I think they are currently running on the proverbial shoe-string (whatever that means). There is also, I would think, a lot of work transition from the systems used by the old IceTV to the new systems. Complicated by the new channels (Nine HD and SBS foody).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

lingfish

Thanks for the thoughts.

What I basically want to know is this: yonks ago, I bought the Humax lifetime deal... I want to know if legally that should continue to be honoured or not.

ie. death of their company == lifetime deal death.

Tezza007

Many of us had subscriptions paid up for many years to come. That was all lost when it went into administration. I like the service enough to pay a monthly fee now

IanL-S

Quote from: lingfish on November 13, 2015, 01:57:32 PM
Thanks for the thoughts.

What I basically want to know is this: yonks ago, I bought the Humax lifetime deal... I want to know if legally that should continue to be honoured or not.

ie. death of their company == lifetime deal death.

The company that you contracted with is effectively dead in the water. Subscription holders are unsecured creditors and reading the report of the administrators they will get nothing back.

I had best part of 4-year subscription to go ... but as they say water under the bridge.

I think it is, given the way I use my PVRs, good value paying just under $8 a month to the new company (which is negotiating to by the assets of the old company, but will not be taking on the liabilities .... the nature of limited liability). I also lost life-time subscription for my SKIPPA. Not complaining, just stating the facts (as I understand them to be).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

lingfish

Nice, thanks a for the input.

I too on the one hand am a bit  >:( but I also dearly love the service, and don't think the price is that unreasonable.

TimC

How did you pay for the service.  Some are having success claiming for subscriptions paid through PayPal.

Have a look in the Skippa General gorum.  There is a thread there.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

lingfish

Quote from: TimC on November 13, 2015, 06:27:19 PM
How did you pay for the service.  Some are having success claiming for subscriptions paid through PayPal.

I probably paid with my Amex...  What do you mean? They're getting a refund? Or a continuation of their lifetime deal (ie new service, no charge)?

TimC

Basically you claim against your credit card or PayPal for the purchase as the product you purchase was not as advertised.

Most of the positive responses I have seen have been for Paypal, but I know several tried the same with their credit card.

I received a full refund for my Skippa. $417,00

I'm not sure about how the people who claimed on their credit card got on.  Have a look at the thread I mentioned/

simoncasey

Quote from: lingfish on November 13, 2015, 06:59:33 PM
Quote from: TimC on November 13, 2015, 06:27:19 PM

I probably paid with my Amex...  What do you mean? They're getting a refund? Or a continuation of their lifetime deal (ie new service, no charge)?

There is no continuation of the previous service as that company will be liquidated. The icetv epg business has been set up from scratch by a new company.

In terms of getting a refund, you may be able to get one from your credit card insurance but I have not seen many get that for a subscription that wasn't purchased very recently. Most of the people who have got refunds have been for PayPal and skippa rather than credit card and subscriptions.

TimC